Page 13 of 121 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I took my 20 yr old daughter to the range today. She's very petite--5', 100 lbs, and has had difficulty with full size handguns in the past. So far, her best performance (other than at steel matches with a Ruger Mark 3) is with an LCP 1.2 and a Glock 43. Today she did especially well with the 43, and was making consistent A zone hits at 15 yds and SHO at 10 yds.

The reason I'm writing about this is here is that my Cajunized P-07 was a no-go for her. She couldn't rack the slide, even with the hammer back, and that's with a 15# recoil spring. Then, she had a FTE/doublefeed, almost certainly because her grip was so compromised from trying to reach the trigger in DA mode. When the gun was working for her, she was quite accurate with it, but I can't recommend this gun for a very tiny girl.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-08-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Just installed the pro kit into my P 09. I have to wonder if I did something wrong. The results are not as mind blowing as I was led to believe.

The DA pull is heavier. I don't have a gauge, but it is heavier than stock for sure. It also is one of the more gritty triggers I have ever felt.
    The short reset is almost unnoticeable compared to stock.

I will dry fire the crap out of it this week before I get to the range and see if that helps. I want to like this gun, but so far I am not impressed.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 01-23-2018 at 08:02 AM.

I've handed two P07s in gunshops. I'm used to good Beretta and Sig triggers, Glock and HK plastic. After reading all the reviews of the life changing performance of a CZ, I was fully prepared to become a fanboy.

The two that I saw? I found nothing impressive or even nice about anything on the pistol. It appeared crudely built and the trigger pull was very heavy and gritty. It's wider than a Glock and the back end of the slide is full of hard/sharp corners.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

@Artemas, you can tune the DA pull with the mainspring. I’m using the 18# spring and have a 8.5# DA. Note that I increased the SA pull to #4 using the heavy 0.020” CGW sear spring. There is some polishing you can do on the trigger bar if there’s a rough feel. Also, a little grease and dryfire will help. You could also send it to CGW.

It’s interesting how we can have such different impressions of a gun, @M2CattleCo. Life changing? Not really, but I am impressed with the build quality of my P-07s. I haven’t found anything I would call rough or crudely manufactured—definitely a more finely machined action than a Glock or earlier generations of CZs.

The grip of the P07 is similar to a G19, and I find them equally easy to carry concealed.

The stock P07 needs some grease and a lot of dryfire to become smooth, and for the DA pull to settle down to ~#8-9
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-23-2018 at 12:03 PM.

I’ve upgraded 4 P-07s myself, with no polishing - just parts upgrades - and I have noticed improvements in every case. SA creep all but disappeared and DA was lighter and smoother. With some rounds through these guns and regular dry fire they have smoothed up nicely.

I am a fan of CZs... but not in stock form. Some of the stock guns I have handled were nicer than others but - in my experience - they in a different class altogether once upgraded and broken in.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Have the 18# with the heavier sear spring in it currently.
    I was able to go out back and put a few round through it. The CGW parts are more noticeable in live fire, just not $200 more noticeable.
    I am not comfortable with trying to polish internals myself. I will order some grease and try that.

So far it's no Sig in concern to the trigger, but I do like everything else about it. Looking forward to some time together with it this year.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 01-23-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Got my 07s stippled [emoji106]. I also tried the 15lb hammer spring and still got light primer strikes. Will be staying with the 18lber from now on.

P07 + TLR1HL + JMCK IWB2 = [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Got my 07s stippled [emoji106]. I also tried the 15lb hammer spring and still got light primer strikes. Will be staying with the 18lber from now on.

Pics? Who did the stippling?

I’m about to start taking that plunge with my group ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post

no pics = epic thread fail.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Tractiongrips tape is working really well for me. Here’s my stock gun (no aftermarket mods other than sights). JMCK AIWB 2.5.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-23-2018 at 04:48 PM.

User Tag List