Page 101 of 121 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1201

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    At 10-10.5# with the 15# mainspring, I'd like something just a hair lighter. I lubed/greased all the parts that showed any signs of hanging up, but there's still quite a bit of stagey-ness. Of course, I was still able to shoot it as well as my Staccato C on several drills shooting at realistic speed, so I probably ought to just stick with what I've got and let use smooth it out.

The kit I installed had that reduced power main spring (15#), trigger return spring, FPB spring and firing pin spring. I also installed their extended firing pin and their roll pin.
    Cool. The full Prograde kit includes an improved roller, and that does make a difference in the DA pull. I recommend putting half an earplug under the hammer and doing several 100 dry fires. I bet your gun will improve noticeably as it breaks in.

It’s worth trying the 13lb hammer spring as well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

S&B did not want to pop. Will try the 13#. Or just stick with Blazer. They're still 100%.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Site Supporter
    I tend to go with the 13lb spring

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

When I first got into the P07 & P09 I ran only the 18# (yellow) spring and have never had an issue. Currently in my P09 though I am running the 15# (gold) hammer spring and still have not had any issues. I did have two rounds not fire last time though with my P09 and they were both Freedom 115gr reman. I have not ran that ammo in a long time, so not sure if that ammo is known to have issues.

Site Supporter

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

After reading this thread in it’s entirety I decided to purchase a P-07. I ordered the Pro Kit from CGW’s as well as a few extra recoil springs, 4 firing pin retaining pins, & an extra decocking lever assembly. I’m on CGW’s notification list for when a takedown lever becomes available.
    I had my local gunsmith disassemble the 07 & measure the roller bearing before ordering the Pro Kit. CGW’s advised me which size roller bearing would be most appropriate via email. Upon completion the trigger pull is equal to a pair of LTT 92’s from Mr. Langdon’s shop & better then a Sig 220 & 245 that Mr. Langdon worked on many years ago. I’m a happy camper.
    I’m wondering because of the recent tentative anomaly with CZ (reference Colt) management if I should try & obtain any other extra parts? Thanks for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    After reading this thread in it’s entirety I decided to purchase a P-07. I ordered the Pro Kit from CGW’s as well as a few extra recoil springs, 4 firing pin retaining pins, & an extra decocking lever assembly. I’m on CGW’s notification list for when a takedown lever becomes available.
    I had my local gunsmith disassemble the 07 & measure the roller bearing before ordering the Pro Kit. CGW’s advised me which size roller bearing would be most appropriate via email. Upon completion the trigger pull is equal to a pair of LTT 92’s from Mr. Langdon’s shop & better then a Sig 220 & 245 that Mr. Langdon worked on many years ago. I’m a happy camper.
    I’m wondering because of the recent tentative anomaly with CZ (reference Colt) management if I should try & obtain any other extra parts? Thanks for any advice.
    Glad the P-07 is working out so well for you. Your spare parts kit has most of the items I would have suggested. The springs in the 07/09 last a really long time, and I doubt parts availability will be a problem no matter what happens at CZ-USA. I'm not sure how many P-07s are in use worldwide, but it's a large number. I think it's likely that CZ will keep manufacturing them in Czech as always.

That said, I would have the following on hand:

CGW trigger return springs
    Decocker springs (this little fucker is the one part of the design that I don't love. It takes practice, and possibly a special tool to install, and I've heard of people ruining them in the process).
    Mainspring housing (plastic sleeve)
    Trigger pin

If your gun will have a high round count (20k+), buy an extra extractor, extractor spring, trigger bar spring, firing pin, and fp spring.

Site Supporter

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

CF,
    Thank you that was extremely helpful.

P07/P09 parts are a little hard to get, so I get on the notification list at CGW, CZ Custom and CZ webstore and buy them when I get a hit. Thanks for the parts list, Clusterfrack. I had not considered having some extra decocker springs, but will grab some. They are interesting to get re-installed for sure. I have taken a little small flathead screwdriver and slightly bent the shaft and cut a notch in the middle of the blade. Really helps guide that little leg back under the decocker.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    P07/P09 parts are a little hard to get, so I get on the notification list at CGW, CZ Custom and CZ webstore and buy them when I get a hit. Thanks for the parts list, Clusterfrack. I had not considered having some extra decocker springs, but will grab some. They are interesting to get re-installed for sure. I have taken a little small flathead screwdriver and slightly bent the shaft and cut a notch in the middle of the blade. Really helps guide that little leg back under the decocker.
    Good idea. It sounds like your solution and mine are similar.

Tool for installation of decocker spring (this makes an annoying step easy):
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016A8I8HC/

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good idea. It sounds like your solution and mine are similar.

Tool for installation of decocker spring (this makes an annoying step easy):
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016A8I8HC/

I just used a small torx driver to push the spring into place and it worked great for me.

User Tag List