Page 86 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Do you have a comparison of the CGW trigger to the OEM? Does it change the reach?
    Shitty pics. Again, somewhat hard to get a pic while lining up etc... the cgw trigger seems to have similar reach but is more round on the face and maybe wider but I'll have to measure to be sure. I have an issue with to much finger then touching the frame and was trying to mitigate that. Still happens with the cgw trigger and i think the czcustom will fix it but at the possible detriment of too much trigger reach. Honestly, I'm just picking nits and the factory trigger is fine but my curiosity got the best of me.

Whenever i get around to swapping in the straight trigger, I'll get some better pics of the triggers out of the gun and measurements side by side.

Here are these for now

Name:  IMG_20210818_084550.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  46.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20210818_084612.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  35.4 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    I’ve asked about this to a couple of people via PM, but I’m still curious.

There is a lot of copper color in the barrel of both my P-07s, especially in the rifling grooves.

Is this just what’s called “copper fouling”?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I’ve asked about this to a couple of people via PM, but I’m still curious.

There is a lot of copper color in the barrel of both my P-07s, especially in the rifling grooves.

Is this just what’s called “copper fouling”?

Thanks!
    If you’re shooting FMJ, that’s probably what it is. I wouldn’t worry about it unless you have round counts in the 10-20k range.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  IMG_20210822_154946.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  34.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20210822_155241.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  42.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20210822_155133.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  57.8 KB

Finally had a chance to do some live fire with the straight trigger. I grew a bit of distaste for it during dry practice. Despite the longer trigger reach, it actually increased the amount of frame contact during the trigger press. The straight face allows my variation in finger placement as well as letting my finger slide down the face of the trigger and drag along the frame worse than either curved portion. This alone basically eliminated it for me but I wanted to give it a fair shake live.

In live practice at speed my performance on a few standards was worse across the board. (I picked my modified version of DB's modified version of the LAPD D Platoon Swat Qual, D3 to an A zone with 1.75 par for 10 reps, and d3 to the black of a b8 with 2.5 par - drills/tests that I have data on from earlier in the year) While running the gun faster I didn't notice any issues with hitting the frame but during slow fire it was apparent and bothersome.

Trigger reach in DA was worse and gave me more dot movement than with the curved triggers. The single action reach felt improved but with the aforementioned finger sliding issues and varied placement results just weren't there.

I performance gap wasn't so significant that I chalk it all up to the trigger. Within a few points here to the point I could easily chalk it up to being on the lower end of my skill today combined with the heat etc...but I mentally don't like the trigger and though I could make it work, I simply don't want to after running it for a week in dry practice and this live session. Obviously i could put more effort in to gathering more data but I'd rather not waste the ammo on something that I already have convinced myself I don't like.

Naturally my single and limited experience doesn't say much and it may be the answer for someone else. With that in mind I will offer it up to site supporters that would like to give it a whirl if you are intrigued by the idea but don't want to drop the cash. Terms would be as follows -

Site supporters only
    $10 via paypal to cover a flatrate box/envelope.
    If you like it, an additional $20 makes it yours to keep. If you don't and there is someone else in line to try it then they can pay $10 to you to ship to them or you cover cost to ship back to me if you aren't interested in keeping.
    Only take the trigger to try out if you can install and get to the range in 3 weeks give or take a few days and uninstall/ship in the timeframe. That gives a week to install, a week to shoot, a week to uninstall/ship.

If there isn't any interest then I'll just toss in the box of ideas I couldn't resist trying but didn't work out.

RE: the CGW Combat Trigger….

Are they the same as the trigger that was OE to the original, first-flight P07s/09s?
    What’s the width of the trigger, compared to the stock “recurve” trigger on the updated, 2nd-flight P07s (when they added the removable backstraps; that’s what I own)…?

I didn’t mind the ORIGINAL-original trigger that my 07 had, nor the recurve my newer one wears…but they “feel” thin, to me compared to striker triggers and other TDA triggers (Beretta, Sig, HK) (also, I know, I know…screw “feels,” I should measure).

Point being, if the CGW Combat Trigger is wide than what the 07s have had as OE, I’d like to give that a try just for shirs n giggles. If not….then not. 😏

FYI, it looks like this company makes P-07/09 Level II holsters with options for RDS and non-RDS, light bearing and not.

I haven't heard of them before, don't know about quality.

Quote Originally Posted by CoGT3 View Post
    . . . I found a holster company, Midwest Tactical, doing kydex shells with SLS retention for HK USP with PL350. I have one ordered for my LTT 92/RDO and if it holds up will give the USP version a try.

https://www.mwtsmn.com/kydex-holster...rs-fkgs7-rjhsp
    David S.

Wow! I can't believe how deep they got that thing in there (phrasing)

If that works without compromising the firing pin block, that looks like the way to go. I bet you could make an rmr/507 adapter plate and still have the sight milled as deep as a typical RMR/507 milling job.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I shoot the P07 better than any handgun I've ever fired, by a long shot. I thought a P01 would further enhance shootability but alas it doesn't, I would love to have a red dot on a P07 but it makes me wonder if it will be dividing by 0...

I don't see P07 slide milling listed on their website as part of their gunsmithing services, this looks interesting though

User Tag List