Page 76 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I think the Beretta was a bit easier, but damn both guns made me appreciate the simplicity of a 1911 or a Glock when it came to detail stripping.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Right? This was a big reason why my experiment with berettas was rather short lived. Not that I had any major problem with berettas or have a lack mechanical aptitude. I just really value simplicity in firearms design and looking at a parts fiche for the beretta was kind of overwhelming.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

The CZ-75 is much more complicated to detail strip than the P-07.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The CZ-75 is much more complicated to detail strip than the P-07.
    Why would one choose a P-07 over a 75 Compact D, also known as the PCR?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    PO7 is lighter, has a rail, mags are easier to source, has the Omega trigger system, it’s easier to acquire aftermarket modifications and parts, and it’s less expensive. It’s also easier to find a P07 than a PCR.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How would you compare the durability and ability to detail strip of the Beretta 92 vs the P-07?

Can the B92 be made as durable?

The Beretta 92 is very durable and have been proven to be. The P07 is very durable as well. It all depends on how you take care of them. The P07 can't be dry fired without protecting the firing pin retaining pin. That is just a known fact.

Let me start by saying I am a huge P07/P09 fan. I have 3 P09s and one P07 and I have taken them apart many times. Mainly one of my P09s since it took a lot of work to get the trigger as good as the others. I would say taking apart the frame on the 92 for me is easier than the P07/P09. Its really a simple design and a very good design at that. Now when you get into the slide of the 92 that is where it gets more detailed since that is where the de-cocking / safety parts are. You are working with some tiny little pins and springs. I have done many Langdon TJIB on 92s and G Type conversions. Overall, they are not horrible to work on. I would much rather work on a P07/P09 and/or Beretta 92 than a CZ 75 for sure!

The Beretta 92 and P07/P09 are hands down my favorite handguns and I am often torn between them.

Thats a great question. For me the question was close, but it was between the P01 and P07. I got a P07 first and found it was perfect for me and I naturally shot great with it right of the start. I still wanted a P01 and finally got one. I wanted it to work better for me than the P07, but found it just did not. The wider slide of the P07 with its design of slide serrations is way easier for me to use. That is really the main and only reason for me I guess. The P01 and P07 are so close in weight that that is not a factor. Plus I can share mags between the P07 and P09.

Good question, as others have already posted. You may need to read this entire thread to get a really satisfying answer.

The CZ-75 is an excellent gun, and in my opinion among the 5 best handguns of all time. A PCR is a wonderful choice for a carry gun.

(I would not buy a P-01 Omega. There have been repeated and credible reports of issues with these.)

Here are some reasons I choose a P-07 instead of a P-01:

1. Durability (see Mike Pannone's testimonial), replaceable steel frame inserts (after some bad experiences, I'm not a huge fan of aluminum frames--especially steel-on-aluminum rails), Melonited slide, barrel, fire control parts, and trigger bar.
    2. Reliability--especially in dirt and sand. The P-07 is "cavernous" inside, and that apparently makes it more robust to debris. It also is very resistant to salt/sweat, as I've discovered.
    3. Fewer parts (no sear cage, no tiny safety detent parts, etc.), easy to understand how it works, very simple Glocklike design.
    4. Robust aftermarket kit
    5. Better ergos for me (grip shape and angle is similar to the Shadow 2)
    6. Compatible with ubiquitous 17 round CZ/Mec-Gar mags

The cost is irrelevant to me for a gun I'll carry nearly daily for decades. With aftermarket parts, sights, etc. I estimate that each of my P-07s cost ~$900.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-26-2021 at 12:08 PM.

Is the trigger fine stock? Comparable to P30 or similar?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Yes it is in my opinion. Good enough. Better than HK stock DA to me.

On my samples, a smoother pull, with maybe a little weight reduction in DA, would be all I would really want.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    After lubrication and break in, the OEM P-07 can be better than a HK for sure.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post744301

User Tag List