Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The medium roller that came with my kit worked. 2400 rounds now with no failures.
    Keep an eye on it with wear, because my problems materialized with my high round count USPSA CO practice program.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I can repeat the drop to half cock at will with my guns and my buddy’s. All require the finger to hit the frame just as the sear breaks. It’s much easier with a light hammer spring, but a very contrived trigger pull for me. I’m not convinced that wear is a major factor.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-31-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Maybe I missed it, but has anyone posted a video of this? I am having trouble visualizing how to make this malfunction occur.

Edit to add:
    I have 5500 rounds through my P09 with a Cajun Pro Package and have not had a single failure. I'm not doubting the issue others are having, rather just adding another data point.
    Last edited by ncrockclimb; 08-31-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since the Pro Grade kit includes a roller, and we now know that the proper roller size varies by pistol, and is essential to reliable double action function, how are those of you installing these parts determining whether you have the proper roller size?
    This is a good question. When I bought mine I went off what they suggested. Just go to the next size up. So I ordered the pro grade but specified my roller size. Since the kit came with a designated roller. I needed a .220 since my stock was barely smaller. The kit uses a .225 I believe which is a good step up from my factory roller.

Now that we have all the new info out though. I am curious what is the best test to finding correct roller size. And also if going to big in roller size deviates too far from the factory supplied roller for some. As in causing issues when maybe a smaller size may not. Or vice versa.

Since the Pro Grade kit includes a roller, and we now know that the proper roller size varies by pistol, and is essential to reliable double action function, how are those of you installing these parts determining whether you have the proper roller size?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post765372

CGW Tech Tip:
    TECH TIP: The OEM roller OD can vary quite a bit, ranging from .212″ – .225″. If possible, measure your OEM roller, ideally the CGW roller should have a slightly larger OD compared to the OEM roller. Call for tech support if needed.
    GuanoLoco:
    I did measure the rouble action roller bearing when I pulled it, outer diameter was 0.223”. The supplied bearing was 0.225”. I am pleased as the web site states, on the page for the 97058-225 Roller Bearing P-07 P-09
    I tried to replicate the issue you describe, once again I was unsuccessful. Maybe I’m not doing it right.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 09-01-2018 at 12:20 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

My Prograde P07 fires CCI primers with no problem.
    Same for my first round of testing with the lighter definsive hammer spring. I’m curious what the competition hammer spring would do in terms of reliability and DA trigger pull. Not sure if it would change SA much.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I can repeat the drop to half cock at will with my guns and my buddy’s. All require the finger to hit the frame just as the sear breaks. It’s much easier with a light hammer spring, but a very contrived trigger pull for me. I’m not convinced that wear is a major factor.
    Cajun thinks so, and my two of my Pro Grade P09 pistols went from not doing it to doing it frequently. The third P09 with the issue did it from the get go. Exactly what is causing it, what the fix is, and how wear factors in seems clear as mud right now.

Exactly what is causing it, what the fix is, and how wear factors in seems clear as mud right now.
    Not what I got from my phone call with CGW this last week. Cause and fix are said to be known and fix with new parts is said to be on the way and available after testing.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Cajun thinks so, and my two of my Pro Grade P09 pistols went from not doing it to doing it frequently. The third P09 with the issue did it from the get go. Exactly what is causing it, what the fix is, and how wear factors in seems clear as mud right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Not what I got from my phone call with CGW this last week. Cause and fix are said to be known and fix with new parts is said to be on the way and available after testing.
    Depends upon who you are asking, and the sentiment I expressed above was my opinion. Let's consider the history, and who has thought what and when.

CZ and CZ USA -- still to hear a peep out of them as to this issue.

Me -- was completely unaware of it, despite having multiple P07 and P09 pistols for years. I only noticed it after I begin shooting the P09 a high volume, in USPSA competition and training. The frequency went from extremely rare, to frequent, which I attribute to wear.

CGW -- Initially they said they had never heard of it. Then they were aware of it only very rarely. Then it was common enough they are checking pistols for it. It is reportedly related to roller size, and that needs to be size fit based on tolerance stacking of an individual pistol. Now it is something that may require machining the sear and they have a new part in the works, although I am unclear what exact part that is.

PF -- It went from some freakishly rare thing that only I was experiencing, to incompetence by CGW in installing their parts, to something off about my hand shape, to something about the timing of how I press the trigger.

I am standing by my original position, of clear as mud.

Depends upon who you are asking, and the sentiment I expressed above was my opinion. Let's consider the history, and who has thought what and when.

CZ and CZ USA -- still to hear a peep out of them as to this issue.

Me -- was completely unaware of it, despite having multiple P07 and P09 pistols for years. I only noticed it after I begin shooting the P09 a high volume, in USPSA competition and training. The frequency went from extremely rare, to frequent, which I attribute to wear.

CGW -- Initially they said they had never heard of it. Then they were aware of it only very rarely. Then it was common enough they are checking pistols for it. It is reportedly related to roller size, and that needs to be size fit based on tolerance stacking of an individual pistol. Now it is something that may require machining the sear and they have a new part in the works, although I am unclear what exact part that is.

PF -- It went from some freakishly rare thing that only I was experiencing, to incompetence by CGW in installing their parts, to something off about my hand shape, to something about the timing of how I press the trigger.

I am standing by my original position, of clear as mud.

Because of all of this my P07 is regulated to range only, until a viable fix is available from CGW, even though I've not been able to replicate the issue in my P07.. I doubt CZ will ever admit there is a problem here, I suspect that they'll let CGW do all the grunt work, and simply copy, or closely copy it..

User Tag List