Page 14 of 121 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The grip of the P07 is similar to a G19, and I find them equally easy to carry concealed.
    Just measured—Small frame Glocks and P07 have the same grip width: 1.18”. The thinner 1” slide width on the Glock seems less relevant for CCW. Also the frame width below the Glock slide is 1.18”
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-23-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Noticed while dry firing the other night my firing pin "stuck" forward. I was dry firing with a little piece of foam ear plug in between the hammer and on my last rep I went to take it out and just happened to notice the firing pin by chance. Instead of taking it apart, my first thought, I racked the slide and back to normal. I couldn't get it to do that again. CGW (best customer service of any company in the world) got me squared away with a new firing pin (extended firing pin and spring), reduced plunger spring, and their firing pin retaining pin. They figured my retaining pin was damaged. I have taken it apart before and maybe screwed up installing it again. The factory pin looks like sheet metal rolled over itself and the CGW pin is more of a sold piece. Installed the new parts today and it seems go to go although I haven't been to the range yet. Here are some photos if this helps anybody with a similar problem. The retaining pin looks damaged to me, but haven't taken the one out of my other gun to compare.

Name:  Retaining Pin.jpg
Views: 2369
Size:  60.2 KB

Name:  Parts.jpg
Views: 2058
Size:  64.8 KB

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Absolutely damaged. The stock pin is a roll pin whereas the CGW one is a spring pin.

Glad CGW took care of you, although I’m not surprised. They are great folks!
    Last edited by s0nspark; 01-28-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Thanks for posting that DG12. That pin is seriously buggered. I’m trying to figure out exactly how it got that way. It is important to install the CGW pin with the gap at 12:00, and while the firing pin is held in a forward position. Could all that damage have been done by dryfire against the pin while it was oriented with the gap at 9:00? Or maybe as you inserted it, the FP galled against it and that’s the cause? What did the FP look like? Did you send the pics to CGW?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks for posting that DG12. That pin is seriously buggered. I’m trying to figure out exactly how it got that way. It is important to install the CGW pin with the gap at 12:00, and while the firing pin is held in a forward position. Could all that damage have been done by dryfire against the pin while it was oriented with the gap at 9:00? Or maybe as you inserted it, the FP galled against it and that’s the cause? What did the FP look like? Did you send the pics to CGW?
    Wasn’t the buggered one a stock pin? They can be damaged quite easily...

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Wasn’t the buggered one a stock pin? They can be damaged quite easily...
    Ah, you might be right. I have been meaning to replace my OEM roll pin with the CGW pin in my unmodified stock P-07.

when I did my swap to CGW parts I noticed my factory retaining pin was pretty beaten up with very minimal dry fire time on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    when I did my swap to CGW parts I noticed my factory retaining pin was pretty beaten up with very minimal dry fire time on it.
    That and the stock TRS are two things I replace straight away. I saw damage on the stock retaining pin after < 10 dry fires. Crazy!

Yes, that was the stock retaining pin. I tried to make 100% sure when I took it out the first time that I had it positioned correctly, but who knows. I can screw up a lot with little effort sometimes. The firing pin doesn't show much damage. The groove on the left, towards you, has a small area that can be felt (just barely) if you rub your finger across it. That's the only thing I could tell and I didn't even notice it until really looking at it before uploading this photo.

Now that I think of it, I didn't order another CGW retaining pin for my stock gun the other day. I've heard the same thing about the stock TRS and have a couple on stand by, but haven't had any problems. On the bright side, I've never had a problem at all other than noticing that in dry fire the other night. Here's a photo of the stock firing pin I took out.

Name:  Firing Pin (2).jpg
Views: 2193
Size:  56.0 KB

I haven't sent CGW the photos, but that is a good idea and I will this week. Thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by DG12; 01-28-2018 at 10:36 PM.

From what I recall the notch on the stock FP that the retaining pin sits in is more angular which is the cause for some of the damage. The CGW FP notch is shaped to mate with the pin more closely.

As for the TRS - I’ve never broken one either but given the reputation that part has for breakage I just like to play it safe.

User Tag List