Page 43 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post

- I haven’t seen any issues with the gun falling to half-cock on a DA pull.
    Besides GJM, has anybody else had this issue with the gun falling to half-cock on a DA pull in actual live fire? I understand, many people were able to replicate this in dry fire.

Not me, and I didn't see anyone on the CZ forum

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

My DSG Koala mag pouch for metal mags finally came in. I liked the design because of its length and adjustabiliy (depth, tension & cant). I prefer longer mags for my spares and rollout can definitely be an issue. I strapped it on, put in a 19 round P-19 magazine and was immediately pleased.

I needed an appropriate pouch as I’ve been dry firiing the Food Court Standards striving for consistent Turbo Pin level performance (it’s tough!) and have been wanting to add the sub 5.0s FAST drill to the mix. The test was a round of dry fire from concealment.

So far so good - on the FAST drill I can hit and exceed the 5.0s par time, of course without recoil, with a few 10ths to spare. Any hitches and I am over or right on the par time. I need to get faster and have better consistency to be able to pull it off 2X in a row cold in live fire.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 09-20-2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Night Fision sights installed. They are similar to my favorite Ameriglo Operators but with a slightly thicker blade. The sight picture is very tight, not much light. I like it.

The front needed a bit of stoning to fit. My technique is to smash the front of the slide onto a pine board to seat the sight.

The rear went in easily using a MGW Sight Pro.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Mine get here Tuesday. I got the same front but with the U notch rear.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Conclusion: I ran about 300 rounds of my CCI primer reloads today in the P-07 with zero malfunctions, using the 13 lb hammer spring still. I’d consider this gun carry-level reliable at this point and I’m ordering more magazines. I’m actually considering picking up a P-09 given how easily I carry the P-07 Suppressor-Ready using an 17+2 extended base plate in a P-09 JMCK 2.5 AIWB holster. I could have 19+1 in the gun and 19 or 19+2 as a spare mag.

I’m shooting this gun as well or better than my G19 and I’d say that I honestly prefer it, without reservation, but that’s just personal preference. I really should do another round of side-by-side testing. There is a strong possibility that I am shooting better simnply due to practice and newfound enthusiasm.

—-

Well, no malfunctions except for the “administrative reload’ while my gun was holstered AIWB, and I caught a vertical slice of belly flesh between the magwall and the extended base pad. Ouch. That definitely left a mark and a wince. I’d love to blame the P-07 but this is pretty clearly operator error.

Draws from concealment

Best draws with A-zone hits were 1.03, 1.04 and 1.07s. Fastest draw was 0.97 and I kept it on paper. Draws where I need a grip adequate for multiple shots (like the Bill Drill) or a 3x5 card head shot were longer. ‘Good’ ones were in the low 1.2X range - and this isn’t good enough for Turbo pin work.

I started getting unhappy with my accuracy whiel pursuing speed so I put up a brightly colored 3x5 card orienter vertically in the center of the USPSA A-Zone and worked on that instead. I found this very helpful in focusing on the center of the A-zone, with misses still in the A-zone, vs. focusing on the A-zone with looser hits sliding into the C-zone.

Gabe White / Food Court Standards from AIWB Concealment

Bill Drill - Goal 2.25s. Only 1 run made Turbo speed at 2.24s, usually I am 2.3x-2.4x seconds, an not 100% clean. Needs work, Primarily on the draw. I lose time trying to get a better grip and sight picture for a 6 round string. Improvement here will be difficult as my splits are 0.19-0.22 on average.

Failure to Stop - Goal 2.05s - Best run 1.68s clean. More typically clean runs avaraging just under 2.05s. I think I can make good improvement here.

2 Heads - Goal 2.25s - Best was 1.79s clean, others at 1.79 1B, 2.0 1B. This one seems relatively easy (for me).

4 Body/2 Heads - Goal 2.85s - Clean runs at 3.08s, 3.11s. One run at 2.75s but took -0.25x2 penalties for inaccuracy

This is closer than I’ve ever been to Turbo pin skill level - more work to do.

FAST Drill - Best at 4.80s clean, First run backwards 4 body/2 head at 4.76s clear, multiple runs < 5.0s not clean. Needs work.

Plate Rack (6 x 8”) @ 10 yards - Best clean runs just over 3.0s. I really need to focus on getting the dot centered on the plate. Definitely room for improvement here. That’s about a 1.5s draw + 5 x 0.30s transitions.

Plate Rack at 25+ yards - I’m doing pretty well with these as long as I see a hard front sight focus and keep the top of the front sight on the upper half of the plate. Lots of hits and I’m not working at it super hard, and I’m pushing speed. I’m noticing a lot more hits than before, I can apparently ‘snatch’ a hit on a less than perfect sight pictures. BUT, if I get out of the goove it goes south fast.

Conclusion so far: Not sure Mind Blown just yet (I have a high bar), but seriously LIKE and trending to the positive.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 09-22-2018 at 09:56 PM.

@GuanoLoco, you mean the 15# gold CGW hammer spring, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @GuanoLoco, you mean the 15# gold CGW hammer spring, right?
    Nope, on Day 2 from post #412 I had decided that the 15ln gold hammer spring was working well after 200 rounds Day 1, so I wanted to test the reliability of the 13lb blue hammer spring.

I’m about 800 rounds in on testing with CCI primers with zero light strikes. I’m not 100% sure my heavily sprung Tanfo Stock 2’s are that reliable with CCI’s. Yes, I know CGW labels the gold 15 lb hammer spring as defense and the 13 lb blue spring as competition.

Frankly I care more about my test results with ammo and primers than I have 10s of thousands of rounds of experience with. And in my experience, CCI Small Pistol Primers are much harder than Win SPP’s which are harder than Federal SPP’s, and I have a stockpile of each. I carry Federal HST. So if a gun is 100% on CCI’s, I’m not sweating it.

Also, the current 7.5 lb +/- DA (the trigger seems to be smoothing out and stabilizing finally) with just a hair under 3.0 lb SA, this is pretty close to my Tanfo so my DA/SA trigger experience is translating very well.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 09-22-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Have carried the P-09 a time or 2 around the house - it is a LOT, LOT bigger in the grip. I could kinda,, almost conceal it but it was not really doable IMO. But I’m a small frame guy.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Nope, on Day 2 from post #412 I had decided that the 15ln gold hammer spring was working well after 200 rounds Day 1, so I wanted to test the reliability of the 13lb blue hammer spring.

I’m about 800 rounds in on testing with CCI primers with zero light strikes. I’m not 100% sure my heavily sprung Tanfo Stock 2’s are that reliable with CCI’s. Yes, I know CGW labels the gold 15 lb hammer spring as defense and the 13 lb blue spring as competition.

Frankly I care more about my test results with ammo and primers than I have 10s of thousands of rounds of experience with. And in my experience, CCI Small Pistol Primers are much harder than Win SPP’s which are harder than Federal SPP’s, and I have a stockpile of each. I carry Federal HST. So if a gun is 100% on CCI’s, I’m not sweating it.

Also, the current 7.5 lb +/- DA (the trigger seems to be smoothing out and stabilizing finally) with just a hair under 3.0 lb SA, this is pretty close to my Tanfo so my DA/SA trigger experience is translating very well.
    I agree that how CGW classifies their springs isn't important. The important things are reliability and how we want the gun to perform. That's a really good sign that you're having solid function with CCI primers and the 13# mainspring. The extended FP and CGW FP spring are a big part of that, I think.

Stock is 20#, and CGW specifies that we cannot use it with their FP and spring kit. Personally, I would not use anything lighter without the extended FP, but I like to err on the side of reliability.

I've used the 18# spring in my Prograde P-07 and it will pop CCI #41 military 5.56 primers (the hardest I am aware of). The 15# spring is currently what I am using in that gun, and have had 100% function with a wide range of ammo. It took 2 strikes to pop CCI#41 primers. I carry my guns in dusty, muddy, and wet conditions, and don't want to worry about reliability for a modest gain in DA trigger pull.

... but I'll have to try that 13# sometime. I bet it's really nice.

User Tag List