Page 99 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    After a brief experiment with striker fired, I just picked up an additional pair of P-07's. I'm not sure if they're actually better or if I'm better now, but the triggers are much better than I remember my previous three P-07/09s being. They're heavy-ish, but smooth enough that I'm in no hurry to upgrade it. I added Dawson FO sights and they're gtg for me.

I'm also going to take a grinder to dehorn the top corner of hammers. I asked CGW about a low profile hammer that's more suitable for carry. They replied back that they did a run of them and nobody bought them.

Attachment 92544
    David S. I find myself wondering the same thing about the P07 & P09. I have ventured away from them in the past when curious about other guns and when I come back to them find myself suprised with how easy they are for me to shoot well. The triggers in my guns are not bad, but nothing amazing. They do have a few CGW parts and some polishing. My LTT Berettas put them to shame for sure, but there is just something about the P07 & P09 that works for me and I dig it.

I am putting in a CGW order for some back up springs and such. I'm looking at their Omega trigger and wondering if it makes any sense to spend $45 on it. https://cajungunworks.com/product/omega-trigger/ I've already done the pro upgrade. This trigger appears to get me an overtravel screw, which I don't know that I feel a need for. (I've actually never used a trigger with an overtravel screw, so I don't really know whether they're desirable.) Is there anything more to this trigger? Or should I just forget it? Thanks!
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

^^^

I'm also interested in any feed back on the value of an over travel stop on the CZ
    David S.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

@Moylan, I take out the overtravel screws on my CGW short reach Shadow2 triggers because they can come loose and lock up the gun. That’s a bummer and could be responsible for losing a stage or even a match. But I generally don’t try to tune triggers beyond the basics of weight and ergos.

On a carry gun, I wouldn’t even consider it for odds/stakes reasons.

I also like the P-07 OEM trigger a whole lot.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Moylan, I take out the overtravel screws on my CGW short reach Shadow2 triggers because they can come loose and lock up the gun. That’s a bummer and could be responsible for losing a stage or even a match. But I generally don’t try to tune triggers beyond the basics of weight and ergos.

On a carry gun, I wouldn’t even consider it for odds/stakes reasons.

I also like the P-07 OEM trigger a whole lot.
    Thanks! That makes a lot of sense.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

I am with Clusterfrack on the trigger shoe. I actually really like the stock metal CZ shoe and the shape works perfectly for me.

I have the CGW Omega trigger on my P07; like Clusterfrack and others, I run it without the over travel screw. I greatly prefer the converted CZ85 profile trigger over any other. The break is in a much better spot for me. Also, I have smoother trigger control in DA with this. Now here’s the punchline; my P07 is an old duty model (gen1). I had tried both the original and the Gen2 triggers. The Gen2 trigger didn’t work (broke too far to the rear, rested too far forward) due to subtle differences between the Duty models and their successors. The original trigger was ok, but the Omega trigger was substantially better; as in ‘I would have paid more’ better.
    For anyone with a Duty model, these are some changes that have kept (or restored) reliability and viability: Gen2 trigger bar, Gen 2 extractor (much better than the original Duty extractor), CGW extended mag release (allows mags to fall free despite the frame flex problem on Duty models), CGW roll pin, CGW sear pin, Gen2 sear, CGW disconnector, CGW Hammer, CGW lifter arm, cut stair no-slip tape for the grips. Clusterfrack’s tip about putting a little grease in the sear spring hole is a good one.

@1More, thanks for your post. We don't have nearly enough info about the original P-07 Duty in this thread.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Pic of my P07 Duty attached. This thing is still great for all it's warts, and those warts can be addressed easily. Would I buy one today? Maybe, for the right (low, low) price. But I'm not throwing this one in the ocean anytime soon. In fact, every time I get ready to grab a Gen2, I wind up putting a few more rounds through this and my Shadow 2 and think "what's the rush?".
    A little bit of background info -
    1) Bought this new in 2013. Everything from Pannone's old article still rings true. My biggest issue with the gun came after a few years of ownership while experimenting when I ran into stacking tolerances. I was using the full CGW kit with the CGW hammer(I had one of the first batch made) and trying to run a Gen2 Omega trigger. I was using a CGW roller approximate to the stock size...but the gun broke so far to the rear, it was unreliable(occasionally hit the frame before the releasing the sear. I put the Duty trigger back in, ran the stock sear pin and played around with the hammer. In addition, I bumped up a size with another CGW roller. At that point, it was back to being reliable with both the stock hammer and the CGW hammer (which I prefer). I tried the CGW Sear Pin with that combo and it was no-go at that point, so stuck with the stock pin. After that, the only problem then was unreliable ejection without a magazine. I typically run some drills in which I chamber a round and drop the mag, so my second shot is on a dry chamber(one way I fight the flinches). The CZ wouldn't reliably eject without the mag inserted. With a magazine, it ejected reliably....but I still wasn't happy. To run the drill, I had to use a 226 magazine (226 mags will seat and feed reliably in a P07; they just don't lock the slide back on empty). Even dumping a dummy round without a mag inserted meant the dummy round would dribble out of the mag well. At that point, the Gen2's had been out for quite a few years. Knowing the truth of small running changes in products, I decided I would replace the trigger bar, sear, and extractor with the latest replacement parts. I left the CGW disconnector, lifter, and roller in place. Comparing the parts side by side, it was clear minor changes had been made to all 3. Installing them made a qualitative change in how the gun ran. The DA/SA was a slightly better and broke better. The new extractor was able to get a solid grip on the case and reliably ejects without a magazine, whether live fire or dummy rounds. I added the CGW Sear pin and it slightly tightened the action in a positive way. Still not a fan of the original Duty style trigger, I gave the CGW modified trigger a shot and loved it as per my previous comments.
    3) Running stock firing pin. I have used the CGW firing pin in the past, swapped back to the stock one when I changed the roll pin for the CGW one. I run an 18# hammer spring and the CGW Firing Pin Spring with the stock pin. No issues igniting primers with a mix of commercial ammo over a few thousand rounds.
    2) My gun does have the frame flex caused by a lesser polymer used in the Duty models. Didn't bother me apart from the fact that running the mag release with firing hand thumb would torque the frame enough to lock the magazine up. I compensated by just using support hand to drop the mags for a while, until I tried the extended release. The extended release solved the firing hand issue and doesn't compromise concealment or handling otherwise.
    2) I had the slide Cerakoted by Primary Machine a few years ago. The parkerized finish was showing some of the effects if living on NC Coast. PM had a good reputation for doing solid cerakote work, and it came out nice with no issues.
    3) The lack of forward slide serrations is not a big deal; forward serrations are nice when they are there but fine of they aren't. Just a question of technique for me.
    4) I do have the CGW trigger spring in. Replaced the original proactively when I was swapping triggers for experimentation.
    5) You'll notice my current sight setup is a mix of Dawson lo mount front and the original plastic rear. Yes, really, and it is regulated to a slightly low combat hold. I was surprised it worked so well; it was just a placeholder following some damage to the previous sight set. I'm planning to throw on Clusterfrack's recommended setup and eventually have PM cut it for an RMR. Currently the gun is not a primary use gun for me; I have others for bedside and EDC. My long term goal is to put this one back to work as one of the working guns, in addition to range fun.
    6) The lack of replaceable grip inserts bothers me from an intellectual standpoint, but not from a shooting standpoint. I prefer larger grips (I run the L backstops on my Gen5 17 and 34), and I love the P226 with G10 Sig large pattern grips. But as much as I'd like say otherwise, the ergos work for me when running the gun. I cut no-slip to a pattern, and then hit it with a heat gun once applied. It's proven fairly durable. Of course it can peel a little at the edges...I've cut or torn loose sections off and still had sufficient levels of grip, even when sweating. The inner tube trick works also and is a little more comfortable for AIWS.
    7) The beavertail on the Duty is much sharper than the Gen2...a little work with an emery board alleviates the gut poke.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I love my CZ P07, it will be my CCW gun here in New Jersey, once I jump through all of the hoops.

Actually, I love all of my CZs.

User Tag List