Page 119 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1201

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/ex...lunger-spring/ claims to up SA pull 14 oz

I haven't got into the guts of a cz/tanfo since my 9x21mm open gun days and I am to lazy to any more, if I can bump up the SA via a spring on the top end that will presumably cause no problems anywhere else...
    Thanks. Good to learn something new. Let us know how that works.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    https://cajungunworks.com/product/ex...lunger-spring/ claims to up SA pull 14 oz

I haven't got into the guts of a cz/tanfo since my 9x21mm open gun days and I am to lazy to any more, if I can bump up the SA via a spring on the top end that will presumably cause no problems anywhere else...
    I recently installed the extra heavy FPB spring into one of my P-07s. It increased the SA pull about 11 oz. I also measured a slight increase in DA pull, but the increase was within the difference from pull to pull.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone heard that the P-07 will be discontinued? I read a comment that a dealer said they would be. I am skeptical of the veracity of youtube comments, but I thought I would ask.

There are enough military/police contracts for the P-07 that I would think it would stay around for a bit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Has anyone heard that the P-07 will be discontinued? I read a comment that a dealer said they would be. I am skeptical of the veracity of youtube comments, but I thought I would ask.

There are enough military/police contracts for the P-07 that I would think it would stay around for a bit.

I also read that new models were coming and there has been mention of a smaller P-07 in the past. We shall see.

Read the entire thread in last two days; very informative, lots of good pointers. Thanks.

I have two P07 with G & H prefix. I think each firearm is unique. My G prefix P07 has CIP N marking on the slide and the H one does not. The H has loaded "pin" indicator on the ejector. My CZ-70 bought 25 years ago has the loaded indicator on the opposite side the ejector.

The double action pull stroke (before hammer falls) are different ; the G prefix has notability shorter pull in DA than the H prefix.
    Both had approximately 9-10 lbs DA, 4.5-5 lbs SA from the box.

Trigger Return Spring broke (G) after 150 live rounds and about 200 dry fires, CZ-USA sent a new spring. And, I order TRS from CGW together with 18# hammer spring and reduced power FP spring.

I also cut 2 coils from OEM hammer spring which yielded 8# DA and 3# SA with CGW TRS on the (G). On the (H) gun I put in #18 HS only, I got same 8# DA. Yes, I polished and cleaned up the trigger bar, sears, roller and hammer per M-Carbo video. I use a slave pin to install the TRS, and cut a notch of a cheapo well used screw driver to install the decocker spring.

Since, I got a pack of 4 HS from Wolff Springs 16,17, 18 and 19 #. These springs are all longer than CZ OEM. I cut both 16 and 17# to OEM length (1 coil). DA is about 7 to 7.5#
    I used CCI small rifle primer in empty brass to test, and they ignited without issue.

Does any know anything on the CIP N marking? Why loaded indicator on some and not others?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Has anyone heard that the P-07 will be discontinued? I read a comment that a dealer said they would be. I am skeptical of the veracity of youtube comments...
    I too am usually skeptical of comments on social media. However, it's hard to not be a little wigged out that only two models are listed on the CZ-USA website for the polymer omega series (P-07 and P-09 suppressor ready). That and the 2024 USA catalog only shows the suppressor ready (SR) version of the P-09. I would also point to the 2024 CZ-UB catalog has both sized guns available in SR and non-SR configurations. Perhaps they don't sell well enough to justify importation into the States.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee View Post
    I too am usually skeptical of comments on social media. However, it's hard to not be a little wigged out that only two models are listed on the CZ-USA website for the polymer omega series (P-07 and P-09 suppressor ready). That and the 2024 USA catalog only shows the suppressor ready (SR) version of the P-09. I would also point to the 2024 CZ-UB catalog has both sized guns available in SR and non-SR configurations. Perhaps they don't sell well enough to justify importation into the States.
    Replaced by an optic ready P-07? We can dream…

The profit margin on a striker gun has to be significantly higher than on a TDA, and a lot of people buy based on 5 trigger presses in a store. So, it wouldn’t surprise me if they stopped importing them. [emoji53]

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Replaced by an optic ready P-07? We can dream…

The profit margin on a striker gun has to be significantly higher than on a TDA, and a lot of people buy based on 5 trigger presses in a store. So, it wouldn’t surprise me if they stopped importing them. [emoji53]
    Without any knowledge of the handgun market beyond my interests, I would think a polymer optics ready TDA model would be somewhat of a differentiator for CZ. Most optics-ready TDA handguns are alloy framed (thinking SIG P-series, Beretta 92 series). I just don't see that combination of features being enough to sway the larger handgun market to spend money on non-striker guns. It could get me out to spend money I wouldn't otherwise.

I certainly believe the margins on striker guns are much higher. The CZ polymer omega guns are simple in comparison to the traditional CZ trigger mechanism, but the P-10 hardware is simpler and easier to assemble. Those factors drive a major portion of how a for-profit company steers their product lines.

Maybe if I give up hope, it will actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBee View Post
    Without any knowledge of the handgun market beyond my interests, I would think a polymer optics ready TDA model would be somewhat of a differentiator for CZ. Most optics-ready TDA handguns are alloy framed (thinking SIG P-series, Beretta 92 series). I just don't see that combination of features being enough to sway the larger handgun market to spend money on non-striker guns. It could get me out to spend money I wouldn't otherwise.

I certainly believe the margins on striker guns are much higher. The CZ polymer omega guns are simple in comparison to the traditional CZ trigger mechanism, but the P-10 hardware is simpler and easier to assemble. Those factors drive a major portion of how a for-profit company steers their product lines.

Maybe if I give up hope, it will actually happen.
    I'd be happy to see the P-07 refreshed, but I don't think I'd choose an OR model over my direct-milled guns. I like a low optic height and rear iron sight forward of the optic, and that's not likely in a factory OR model. Meanwhile, we have plenty of inexpensive P-07s out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Proof View Post
    Does any know anything on the CIP N marking? Why loaded indicator on some and not others?
    I think the LCI extractor was for the US market. CIP is a Euro firearms testing cert. I have 3 CIP N marked guns, without LCI extractors. My FDE P-07 (CIP N) came with a lanyard loop on the mainspring housing. My LCI gun does not have the CIP N mark.

User Tag List