Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I shot the new P-07 a bit today, and the action has smoothed noticeably. The difference between this one, and my Prograde guns narrows.

Also, the #13 hammer spring and extended FP fires Wolf small rifle military primers on the first strike DA and SA.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thanks to all who replied about the holster.

The GLS, is not really what I am looking for. It's ok, but not really my cup of tea. The release is different enough from my ALS to give me some concern.

What about High Noon Holsters? They have ready made thumb break holsters for the P-07.

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/skin-tite

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/side-effect
    Have you actually used the GLS ? You don't consciously activate the release. You just draw the gun like an open top holster and your grip does the rest. In fact the less you think about it, the better.

That ease of use makes it no better than an open top in terms of gun grabs, but as field / sport holster its fine.

Site Supporter
    Jumping on the P07 train. I’ve been a Glock shooter for many years but tried out a buddy’s p07 the other day and was amazed that I was more accurate on the first DA shot than I was with my Glock. His P07 had a couple of thousand rounds through it and it was smooth as butter (all stock). I still can’t believe that first day shot seemed so easy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I shot the new P-07 a bit today, and the action has smoothed noticeably. The difference between this one, and my Prograde guns narrows.

Also, the #13 hammer spring and extended FP fires Wolf small rifle military primers on the first strike DA and SA.
    I have been using the 18# hammer spring in my P07 and P09. Guess I could try going down to the 15 or 13 with the results you have shown.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    I have been using the 18# hammer spring in my P07 and P09. Guess I could try going down to the 15 or 13 with the results you have shown.
    Assuming you have the extended firing pin, it’s worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Assuming you have the extended firing pin, it’s worth a try.
    Yeah I have the extended firing pin and spring installed, so maybe I will give it a shot. If anything I will go down to the 15#.

My p07 chews only 115 and 124 grs below and 1.125 OAL below. It will not go to full battery if higher.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    I ran the CGW firing pin and a 13# spring for thousands of rounds without issue.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    My p07 chews only 115 and 124 grs below and 1.125 OAL below. It will not go to full battery if higher.

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk
    One option would be to get the Primary Machine aftermarket barrel. I have a threaded blem model, it is perfectly reliable and at least a little nore accurate than my stock barrel.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Safety Testing the CGW Extended Firing Pin

I had a little free time today, and completed a project I've had planned for a while.

The CGW Extended Firing Pin (EFP) is part of the ProGrade Kit, and can be used separately as well. The EFP is the key to using lighter hammer springs. In my guns, I have determined that springs as light as #13 are reliable.

However, the EFP is longer than the OEM firing pin, and protrudes slightly from the breech face when under pressure, even when the FP safety is engaged.

This was concerning to me for obvious reasons. Therefore I tested if an impact to the EFP could fire a round in the chamber. I used empty primed cases: Federal HST 147, and my own handholds (Winchester primer). I tested two of my guns, one with a full Prograde Kit and 6000+ rounds through it, and a new P-07 with the EFP.

I whacked the EFP with a punch and a hammer three times. No ignition.

The primers looked like this, with a visible but small indentation:

I fired the gun normally, and the primers ignited. The cases looked like this:

Conclusion: a very hard impact to the EFP while the FP safety is engaged will not ignite even soft Federal primers.

User Tag List