Page 34 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I installed the CGW pro-grade upgrade package last night. It took a while to learn how to detail disassemble and reassemble the P-07 from the referenced “Installation Tutorial”. The videos are definitely not a detailed ‘how to’ guide nor do they describe the implications of the various parts and sub-kits included in the assembly, or anything about what to polish. I did leverage some other videos that I pulled off of YouTube for the slide and trigger return spring, which fortunately was very similar to my Tanfoglio Stock 2’s.

Trigger Warning: This process requires some knowledge, skills, tools (roll pin and ability to manufacture simple tools like slave pins and a slotted screwdriver), patience and an investment of time on the part of the installer. If this isn’t you, send it to CGW for installation. It will be $ well spent,

Nothing is said about polishing; that will have to be an exercise for another evening as it took me a good 4 hours to do a first time disassembly and reassembly with the CGW parts. Disassembly and reassembly should go considerably easier next time.

I also didn’t have time to replace the sights with the flat black arrears and front fiber optic.

I’ll admit that I don’t know much about CZ’s, but I am pretty familiar with Tanfoglio Stock 2’s, which are cousins to the CZ-75 models, BUT not at all that similar to the CZ Omega trigger system.

I installed the 15 lb golden ‘competition/range’ hammer spring as opposed to the 18 lb defense spring. I’m guessing more weight options are available from Wolff. For my purposes, if the gun will light off all of my reloaded hard CCI primers reliably I have little doubt it will light off federal HST 147 carry ammo.

I did not install any of the heavier springs. I will note this comment on the senior spring package.

The bit about hammer follow got my attention, but I did decide to just leave the OEM, 0.016 inch spring installed.

I did measure the rouble action roller bearing when I pulled it, outer diameter was 0.223”. The supplied bearing was 0.225”. I am pleased as the web site states, on the page for the 97058-225 Roller Bearing P-07 P-09

I had a few issues, for example, when I incorrectly tried to use the ejector spring in the place of the sear spring and mangled it. I was able to repair it enough to get the operation working but I plan to replace it. I would also suggest labeling the pins and springs as you remove them as opposed to just tossing them in a bin like I did.

Also, reinstallation of the extractor was tricky as CZ doesn’t use a roll pin. It got a little dinged up when I removed it and I had to chuck it in a drill and slightly taper the ends to be able to reinstall it. The firing pin roll pin iwas also dinged up on removal, and I am glad that CGW supplied a heavier duty replacement.

So, after all that, the results:

Double Action fell to just over 8 lbs, with the same quarter inch of take up. I would not describe the double action pole as smooth, but I think this will improve with polishing. If I pull the trigger very slowly I can get six or more out of it, so I think there’s a lot of room for improvement here.

Reset is about a quarter inch, with an audible and tactile reset, then about 3/16 inch of take up , And that about a 16th inch relatively crisp, Single Action break of about 3.5 lbs.

The static single action is about the same, but with about 3/8 inch of take up as opposed to the quarter inch take up after the reset. There is a small touch of grittiness in that final 16th inch of travel, but I would not describe it as having any walls before the break.

So there is improvement. Actually its pretty good at speed, I don’t notice the DA grittiness which is my primary complaint at this point. So, not totally knocking my socks off, but reasonable given the nature and intended purpose of this handgun. If I could get to a meaningfully smoother double action and slightly smoother single action, at roughly 8 lbs DA/3.5 SA, RELIABLE, I think that I would be satisfied.

To be fair, I’m not easily satisfied, but sometimes you need to know when to leave well enough alone.
    Guanol Loco:
    Could you elaborate a bit on installing the TRS, I have a few parts coming for my P07, includung a reduced power TRS. My plan was to use some modified needlenose pliers thar HK Parts.net sells just for replacing TRS's in HK's. Having used them before in CZ's I've found they work quite well. My plan for replacing the stock TRS was, drive the trigger pin out to the left, until the TRS can be removed leaving one side of the trigger still on the pin, using the pliers, simply put the straight leg of the spring into the hole in the trigger, and push down, and start the bent leg into the slot in the frame, push down until the pin will clear, hold, and push the pin through.. Myself, I'm not going the pro grade package route.. just replacing the firing pin, and spring, as well as the firing pin block spring, TRS, and install a #18 hammer spring, and get the barrel, and slide stop nitrided (I do not like the in the white chamber, feed ramp CZ left on the barrel) Due to the current rukus going on with modded P09's, I'm recluctant to go any farther, as I plan to use this as a CCW..
    Last edited by ralph; 07-22-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Guanol Loco:
    Could you elaborate a bit on installing the TRS, I have a few parts coming for my P07, includung a reduced power TRS. My plan was to use some modified needlenose pliers thar HK Parts.net sells just for replacing TRS's in HK's. Having used them before in CZ's I've found they work quite well. My plan for replacing the stock TRS was, drive the trigger pin out to the left, until the TRS can be removed leaving one side of the trigger still on the pin, using the pliers, simply put the straight leg of the spring into the hole in the trigger, and push down, and start the bent leg into the slot in the frame, push down until the pin will clear, hold, and push the pin through.. Myself, I'm not going the pro grade package route.. just replacing the firing pin, and spring, as well as the firing pin block spring, TRS, and install a #18 hammer spring, and get the barrel, and slide stop nitrided (I do not like the in the white chamber, feed ramp CZ left on the barrel) Due to the current rukus going on with modded P09's, I'm recluctant to go any farther, as I plan to use this as a CCW..
    I fashioned a slave pin out of a q-tip shaft to reinstall the TRS. Cut to match the width of the trigger, works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by timotab View Post
    I fashioned a slave pin out of a q-tip shaft to reinstall the TRS. Cut to match the width of the trigger, works very well.
    Did just this the three times I've swapped them out - will confirm this is a very easy trick that works well.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I have a spare hammer pin I use now but I used a piece of a toothpick the first time.

Regardless of method, a slave pin of some sort makes this much easier.
    "A man's character is his fate."

I have to do this pretty regular with Tanfogios. The slave pain is definitely the trick. A Q-tip shift works. A little bit of the stem of a bottle of WD-40 or Hornady one shot works well. The best is a piece of drill bit shaft cut to size with a Dremel or whatever.

The slave pin that I had made from a drill bit shaft for my Tanfoglio worked perfectly. I was watching a video on it and literally had it out put back together, installed back in the gun before half the video was even over. Without a slave pin be prepared for a lot of frustration and the distinct potential of launching your trigger return spring into parts unknown.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 07-22-2018 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Voice recog turrible!
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

The “9” pin from a CZ75 action works great as a slave pin.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I got in a live fire session today - Stock 2, CZ P-07, Glock 19 and back to the Stock 2. I still have the tritium suppressor height sights on so that was a bit of a friction factor.

With the P-07 I worked from low ready as I don’t have a holster. The DA seemed a tad slow but acceptable, I wasn’t overly aware of the weight or residual grit at speed, but it definitely slowed me down a tenth or two. The SA was fine, I didn’t notice anything except maybe the short reset on Bill Drills.

Drills: Bill drills on 8” steel at 7 yards, Dot Drill at 5 yards, some transitions between 12 yard steel placed 10 yards apart. All good speed/accuracy size given contraints, but I would benefit from improvements to the grip. Perhaps a baseplate to wedge my hand in better, perhaps stippling on the front/back strap. I’m not real keen on grip tape on carry guns - it eats everything up.

I’m not sure the Short Reset Trigger is at all required on a carry gun, but I like it. I’m also not sure that I couldn’t have taken the DA from 9+ to 8 lbs, and 4+ to 3.5 lbs with just a hammer spring. I’ll probably try just that on a P-01 Omega that I have.

Reliability was 100% with case gauged practice ammo - bascally 126-127 power factor 9mm, 124 gr ACME polymer coated bullets with relatively hard deep seated primers loaded to abut 1.135” +/-, all in mixed brass. More testing is required, but I take no exception to the 15 lb ‘range/competition’ hammer spring at this point.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Fine, spend my money, see if I care. Ordered.

I handled a P-07 today for the first time. I was expecting it to feel fat. But it felt surprisingly thin, which I am happy about. Unfortunately I could not dry fire because Academy has a policy against dry firing in the store.
    I also handled the PX4 Compact, back to back with the P-07 and really prefer the feel of the P-07, at least grip wise.

Seriously considering the P-07 to replace my recently acquired Springfield XD-E. The XD-E handles good, but the way the trigger is shaped, in conjunction with my short-ish fingers, I have a very hard time with trigger reach. The position of the decocker on the XD-E is also a bit of trouble. It is too close to the web of my hand to reliably decock with my strong hand thumb.

I do like the single stack width of the XD-E. But I'm thinking there isn't going to be much difference for me between the XD-E and the P-07 for AIWB. Especially in a good holster from JMCK. Heck, the XD-E weighs in at 25.3 oz.(empty w/8r mag) which is almost same as the P-07.

User Tag List