Page 35 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I installed the 92050 Dawson Precision Fiber Optic Sight Set CZ P-07 P-09 tonight. For my interests, these are way more useful, although I still like the extra height of the suppressor-style heights quite a bit.

I also put on the largest backstrap to better fit my size XL hands. Both changes made me happier - stronger grip + sights I am familiar with a much faster with.

I re-measured with the trigger gauge - 7 lb 15 oz DA, 3 lb 6 oz SA, pretty consistent. Some quick dry fire was promising.

I need a window of time for some research on P-07 polishing, then another disassembly / polish and reassembly session. I think this is goign well enough to invest in an AIWB and maybe OWB holster.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Just finished working on P07 #2. I installed the following.

- CZC Extended firing pin
    - CZC Reduced power FPS
    - CGW TRS
    - CGW cross pin for firing pin
    - CGW 0.220 DA roller

All told its about $60 in parts. After some polishing, with an 18# mainspring, DA=8# and SA=3#, with a 14# mainspring DA=6.25 and SA=2.5#.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blg28YUjHqA/
    Last edited by timotab; 07-24-2018 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Added video

Has anyone heard how these guns are working out for Mike Pannone? I seem to remember he started using them some years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Has anyone heard how these guns are working out for Mike Pannone? I seem to remember he started using them some years back.
    He still is. Has several P07 and P09 pistols he uses in his classes.
    Last edited by timotab; 07-24-2018 at 09:44 PM.

Shot 150 rounds through the p07 last night. Have around 600 dryfires in her between da/sa. Trigger has smoothed out a ton from the dryfire and greasing the Hell out of it. I need to break it down and clean all the grease out when I get the cgw parts in.

No issues so far. 50 rnds 115grn blazer and 100 rnds 147 federal fmj. Tried to reef on the trigger and get a failure but no dice. Forgot how soft shooting it is. Definitely softer than the p10c. Da or sa did not seem to matter it was very accurate and is easy to shoot fast. Only complaint is the lack of texture. But I have grip tape for it, need to install.

Very happy with it and it should really make a difference with just a couple parts changes. Still undecided on the srt kit. The reset is very good on it and did not seem to affect me at all. May end up installing since a shorter reset is not a bad thing to me.

Some comparison pics between urban grey brothers. I prefer the sights on the p10c. Sights look cleaner, rear tritium is more subdued, the rear also has a better shelf on it. Front seems to pop a lil more from the p10c as well.

The p07 mag is on the right and p10c is on the left. There are extra slots cut in p07 mags.

I tried to replicate GJM’s issue with my CGW’d (their parts, my work) P07 last night. Couldn’t get it to replicate.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I tried to replicate GJM’s issue with my CGW’d (their parts, my work) P07 last night. Couldn’t get it to replicate.
    Neither can I, I've come to the conclusion that at least part of the problem, (possibly a large part) GJM has/had, was due to how his hands interacted with the pistol. I'd like to see the issue investgated a little further by CZ,CZUSA, and find out what the root cause was. But, for about 99% of the folks who buy these, I don't think there'll be a problem.. After all, if was a widespread issue, I'd think it would've came out before now...

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Typed hours ago and auto saved...things have developed since then lmao
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 07-25-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Put about 125 rounds of various 147 gr HST, 124 gr +p and standard pressure gold dot, Hornady Critical Duty, and Fiochi 115 gr through a brand new P07 working out of a JMCK plain AIWB. The P07 shoots very soft and fast in my hands, as long as I'm paying attention to my support hand and not being sloppy. I wasnt doing anything other than vetting the gun with different types of ammo and getting a feel for it at a busy indoor range, so not a whole lot else I can contribute, but it's meeting expectations so far. I need to do more strong hand only shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    I installed the 92050 Dawson Precision Fiber Optic Sight Set CZ P-07 P-09 tonight. For my interests, these are way more useful, although I still like the extra height of the suppressor-style heights quite a bit.

I also put on the largest backstrap to better fit my size XL hands. Both changes made me happier - stronger grip + sights I am familiar with a much faster with.

I re-measured with the trigger gauge - 7 lb 15 oz DA, 3 lb 6 oz SA, pretty consistent. Some quick dry fire was promising.

I need a window of time for some research on P-07 polishing, then another disassembly / polish and reassembly session. I think this is goign well enough to invest in an AIWB and maybe OWB holster.
    TractionGrips installed. Interesting, a textured plastic feel and not the skate-tape type abrasive that I was looking to avoid. I think it is better than stock, not as aggressive as I’d like but that would require stippling.

I fine-tune adjusted the new sights at the range today. They hit a smidge low with 124gr but would likely be right on with heavier HST 147 gr bullets which is what I would notmally carry. IIRC heavier bullets usually hit a little higher.

I ran some more Bill Drills and put out a couple of 0.16s splits - faster than my normal low of 0.18. I’ll attribute that to the short reset trigger and a light gun. Not sure I could repeat it but an interesting data point. My draws still seem a bit slow with the DA pull but it’s hard to work these without a proper holster and I’m not calibrated for low ready.

I still need to do the internals polish job. I have a JMCK 2.5 AIWB holster on order; might be a while as the config for a P-09 wasn’t a Quick Ship item.

PS> I ran maybe 7 mags (various sizes) - 100% reliable with CCI primers.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 07-29-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List