Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Found a pretty good deal on a Gen 1 P07 Duty.
    Is the 2nd gen with replaceable backstraps worth an extra $100 - $150 more for a new Gen 2?

Yes, but not just because of backstrap options of the Gen2. With the Gen1s, you risk buying the frame-flex problems they had, initially. EX: it was often possible to deform the magwell and seize the mag with just the pressure of what you’d consider your standard grip pressure.

Ask me how I know...

Also, it wasn’t just me, CZ was swapping out frames for folks a good bit in those days, for temp fluctuations, molding problems, etc. The Gen2 saw to all of that. Worth the extra $.

I would pass on the Duty. They were still working the bugs out of the design. Add a thin, sharp beavertail to the list of things that got fixed in the current P-07.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Yes, but not just because of backstrap options of the Gen2. With the Gen1s, you risk buying the frame-flex problems they had, initially. EX: it was often possible to deform the magwell and seize the mag with just the pressure of what you’d consider your standard grip pressure.

Ask me how I know...

Also, it wasn’t just me, CZ was swapping out frames for folks a good bit in those days, for temp fluctuations, molding problems, etc. The Gen2 saw to all of that. Worth the extra $.
    Thanks I’ll pass on it then.

Site Supporter
    One of the local shops had a new P-07 in stock. Price was about what I see on GB right now. Not great but cheaper than Glocks are going for right now.
    Picked it up on Saturday and put 50 round of my reloads though it. Liked it quite a bit.

I have a Cajun defensive carry spring kit and 2 more mags ordered.
    I also have a Springer Precision RMR plate on order. I'm holding off getting the slide cut until I have a better feel about how I like the platform, but wanted to get a dot on it.

Next up is a holster.

I saw on another thread that these guns may not like 147-grain ammo?
    That is what I reload and also my carry ammo. So I hope that doesn't become a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    One of the local shops had a new P-07 in stock. Price was about what I see on GB right now. Not great but cheaper than Glocks are going for right now.
    Picked it up on Saturday and put 50 round of my reloads though it. Liked it quite a bit.

I also have a Springer Precision RMR plate on order. I'm holding off getting the slide cut until I have a better feel about how I like the platform, but wanted to get a dot on it.

Next up is a holster.

That is what I reload and also my carry ammo. So I hope that doesn't become a problem.
    I used 147hst in both p07 I owned. I installed that trigger kit with some other CGW goodies in one. It was great with the short reset kit. Take your time though and some HK trs pliers helped with the install. Also somewhere in here cluster has a good tutorial on breaking in the trigger through dry fire and a cut in half ear plug. It really helped smooth her out before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of those suffering problems with 147, note how many of them are folks who fiddle with springs n such like it’s their career.

Food for thought, only. I’m a practical guy who follows a Heinleinesque mindset: “overspecialization is for insects and monks.” If chasing some ever-indefinable “feels” makes one alter the gun to the point that it chokes on *common* ammo...

Only that user can decide if that fits their desired endstate.

...and that’s with ANY gun...

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post

Next up is a holster.

Good job on finding a P-07. I have over 10000 rounds in my 3 P-07s and no issues with any ammo as long as the overall length isn't too great. Every factory load has worked 100%, including HST and Ranger 147. I carry HST 147 in all of my defensive guns.

Where did you see issues with 147?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good job on finding a P-07. I have over 10000 rounds in my 3 P-07s and no issues with any ammo as long as the overall length isn't too great. Every factory load has worked 100%, including HST and Ranger 147. I carry HST 147 in all of my defensive guns.

Where did you see issues with 147?
    I thought it was a post here on PF, but I can't find it now. Might have misread it. My own testing so far has not shown a problem.

Site Supporter
    Mine definitely seems to prefer stuff in the 124gr weight, but that's solely an accuracy observation. 147 grain ammo still feeds and fires as well as any other. And truthfully I shoot most of my guns for accuracy unsupported from 20-25 yards, so most of my accuracy issues with 147 grain could just be operator headspace.

I did put a CGW kit in my gun and it most certainly has the best SA trigger of any of my DA/SA experience. The lightest spring is not advised unless you're just gaming with federal primers, but you can still get a very nice trigger that can light off any primer.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List