Page 23 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

We oughta just meet at the range near them. I rented an HK P30 there to test and found the staff to be just awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    For USPSA CO, I’d recommend looking at what the top competitors are using. Have you seen any M/GMs shooting a P07?

Rossen Hristov

Mike Pannone (NOT really GM but still)

Angus has also been known to sport one from time to although he loves his PM9

Pannone is a legit M class shooter. I think he usually shoots a P09 or Shadow.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Do any of you have issue with hitting the slide release with your thumb on your strong hand? That was the biggest drawback to me about the P-09 I shot the other day. I don’t use my weak hand to release the slide (slingshot or any other method)- thinking it’s back to my Army days and the M4.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Do any of you have issue with hitting the slide release with your thumb on your strong hand? That was the biggest drawback to me about the P-09 I shot the other day. I don’t use my weak hand to release the slide (slingshot or any other method)- thinking it’s back to my Army days and the M4.
    I have to flip my grip a bit to swipe the slide release.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Another point about the DA trigger. When you dry fire it from 100% hammer down (not from half cock) it will be alot longer, heavier, and more stacking than from half cock where it is 100% you decock it on a live round. Something to consider, I wouldn't get too wrapped up in that portion.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Do any of you have issue with hitting the slide release with your thumb on your strong hand?
    Yeah, it's a reach; I've somewhat stubby fingers, and can't do the usual slide release hit on my 07 without compromising my primary grip to the point that it's just not worth it.

Left hand thumb hits the slide release. I do the same with 1911s, though, and have never had an issue with flubbing controls from one gun to another, so that makes it a successful technique. Won't be the same for everybody, physiology and one's ability to change methods from one gun to another will dictate.

Funny things happen when you run by Academy and they are having a 10% off sale for Veterans.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  36.7 KB
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I have multiple Shadow 1 and P09 pistols set up for CO, and while I like both, have a definite preference for the P09 as it seems to combine the best attributes of a Glock and Shadow. My P09 pistols are direct milled for the DP Pro by Primary Machine. For gaming, I prefer the grip size of the P09 over the P07.

Rossen competes with a Shadow 2 in Production and has a P09 for EDC.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Two things:

I sent a stock P09 slide to Primary Machine to direct mill a DP Pro. When putting that upper on another P09 with a Cajun Pro kit installed, I got numerous light strikes. I believe the extended Cajun firing pin has solved those issues, but still confirming.

I also believe it is possible to unintentionally place enough pressure on the decocker of the P07/09, to cause a failure to ignite. If you remove the slide and partially depress the decocker, you can see how this pushes the trigger bar down.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List