Page 65 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Please post details on the Cougar Thread!
    I have......I think anyway. lol

The only thing I didn’t include was the type of holster. It was one of those with an adjustable strap and the extra mag carrier on the holster. Total crap right? Nope! Not for me and it’s intended purpose. The strap can be setup where it stops hammer movement, allows for a easy release, easy reholster and snap up. Don’t get me wrong, there are better options for most people, but I’ll continue to use mine in that specific role because it’s comfortable and efficient enough.

It’s kind of the one area of guns stuff I match up beat of my own drum.

Unless using the P-07 as a duty gun qualifies as that too.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 09-15-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    My brother and I hiked the Guadalupe Mountains in December 2019. We have hiked the park many times, but we chose a new trail to try during this visit. Of course we got a late start to the day, and we chose what I believe to be my hardest hike yet. The trail is Bear Canyon and it is one of the ways to reach hunter peak. It is very steep and is a real ass kicker, but still enjoyable and offers nice views.

After reaching the top we spent some time relaxing and tooling around.

During the hike we saw ZERO other people. A few birds and an elk, but not much.

As we made our descent darkness began to set in. I put a chem light on my pack so my brother could see me, and both busted out our flashlights. We were both exhausted, and I was day dreaming as we shuffled along. Around this time we came to a bend in the trail, an area that would be a waterfall when rain occurs. I had my head in the clouds when my brother shouted at me, and I noticed something leap from the trail to the top of the ridge above the "dry waterfall". Out of pure instinct I drew my P-07 and watched the area for what I now knew was a mountain lion. My brother got his P250 out.

I watched the ridge line and shined my light towards it and saw the lion again. It was standing parallel to the trail, but was looking at us. It just stood there for a moment as I shined my light at it, and then trotted off into the darkness. To say the least my brother and I were keyed up for a bit, and took it slow for a while. Shinning our lights around us as we walked, and checking behind us on a regular basis too.

We made it back safe, tired, cold and hungry. Well I was hungry!

Lessons?

Fatigue has a bigger effect on you than you realize sometimes. I was just putting one foot in front of another trying to get back to the car, not thinking about the possible dangers. 100% on me.

My imagination is very active. It's a blessing and curse. It allows me to be totally comfortable alone, but is no friend to my focus. It's something I have to constantly remind myself of.

I always thought a SP101 3 inch 5 shot would be a dandy trail gun. Maybe it is, and I am not advocating launching 16 rounds of 9mm widely into the night. I am just simply saying that having the P-07 under the conditions made me feel more comfortable than a 5 shot revolver would have.

If you have two people carrying guns, have a plan in place to minimize the risk of flagging the other, and when to shoot if you have to.

Thankfully everything worked out fine, and we didn't have to defend ourselves. I have no desire to kill anything that is not actively trying to seriously injure or kill me or another person. However, we all need to be prepared in case life gets real unfair.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I’m open for either. .
    Ryan Grizzle and TT Gun Leather both list the P-07. The don't show a thumb break model or option, but I bet they could add one if you ask nicely.

I'm sure there's others.
    David S.

Far from a quality leather holster, but I really like my Safariland GLS for the application you are describing. Can be adjusted to fit a variety of handguns.

Anyone have a good thumb break OWB holster for the P-07?
    This is about all I could find when searching. I think I would go custom.

https://www.craftholsters.com/comfor...r-belt-holster

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    After a several years of waffling between guns, I've settled on the P-07/09.
    I think I’m about to get back on the 07/09 train as well. Sold them off a couple of years ago to try other things. I’ve settled on M&Ps for my striker fired needs and it looks like CZ will be my DA/SA choice.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I think I’m about to get back on the 07/09 train as well. Sold them off a couple of years ago to try other things. I’ve settled on M&Ps for my striker fired needs and it looks like CZ will be my DA/SA choice.
    yes do it! theres this old timer on czfirearms.us 'Joe L'
    he shoots those guns 100 - 200 yards. sometimes with irons! 400-500 dollar guns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbPr...EmLes&index=37

Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    This gun fits into an RCS Perun TLR-1 pretty good... it doesn't lock in, but when inverted the gun won't fall out unless shaken.
    forgot to specify: it fits the P320 TLR1 Perun but not the Glock one

Site Supporter
    Thanks to all who replied about the holster.

The GLS, is not really what I am looking for. It's ok, but not really my cup of tea. The release is different enough from my ALS to give me some concern.

What about High Noon Holsters? They have ready made thumb break holsters for the P-07.

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/skin-tite

https://www.highnoonholsters.com/side-effect

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I think I’m about to get back on the 07/09 train as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pooty View Post
    yes do it!
    Ok, done! https://www.gunbroker.com/item/878713299
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List