Page 100 of 121 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1201

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @Moylan, I take out the overtravel screws on my CGW short reach Shadow2 triggers because they can come loose and lock up the gun. That’s a bummer and could be responsible for losing a stage or even a match. But I generally don’t try to tune triggers beyond the basics of weight and ergos.

On a carry gun, I wouldn’t even consider it for odds/stakes reasons.

I also like the P-07 OEM trigger a whole lot.
    I just set up a couple shadow 2 OR that needed short reach for the users. The CZ Custom Short reach trigger doesn't have any set screws and worked nicely with the Cajun Short reach disconnector.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

11.5 lb. hammer spring. Wow.

Got the package from Cajun yesterday, and put in the new spring. It was pouring down rain so I only fired one magazine to check it out. Perfect ignition. It's a very different trigger now. I'll keep testing, but I think I am in love. This is just in my practice gun, not in my carry gun...yet.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post

Got the package from Cajun yesterday, and put in the new spring. It was pouring down rain so I only fired one magazine to check it out. Perfect ignition. It's a very different trigger now. I'll keep testing, but I think I am in love. This is just in my practice gun, not in my carry gun...yet.
    I don’t go below 13# in P-07s, but I bet the 11.5# is nice. That’s what I use for Shadow2.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don’t go below 13# in P-07s, but I bet the 11.5# is nice. That’s what I use for Shadow2.
    I just installed the "P07 Upgrade Kit" in my new pistol, trigger pull in still in the 10# range DA. I see that CGW says the 13# HS-13 does not work in the P07 - is that the spring you're running CF?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I just installed the "P07 Upgrade Kit" in my new pistol, trigger pull in still in the 10# range DA. I see that CGW says the 13# HS-13 does not work in the P07 - is that the spring you're running CF?
    Which parts were included in that kit?

With a CGW Prograde kit, I use either a #15 or a #13 mainspring. I use the heaviest or medium sear springs. That combination yields a DA of ~7# and SA ~3.5#.

Light lubrication is also a big help.

The 13# spring and extended FP consistently ignite CCI 41 military rifle primers.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post

I tried the 11# mainspring a couple years ago and definitely had ignition issues with Fenix Ammo (I don't know what primers they use). I'm back to 15#ers and am happy. I'll put a scale on them later if anyone cares. I agree it feels very nice tho.
    Last edited by David S.; 09-11-2022 at 02:19 PM.
    David S.

Is the trigger rough/stagey/gritty, or just heavy yet smooth?

If the former, your gun could probably use some polishing. There is a great thread in the CZ forum where the owner of CGW shows what parts they polish and has various tips on how to so it.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Is the trigger rough/stagey/gritty, or just heavy yet smooth?

If the former, your gun could probably use some polishing. There is a great thread in the CZ forum where the owner of CGW shows what parts they polish and has various tips on how to so it.
    I’ve posted before about diminishing returns, and possible risks of some of CGW Dave’s tuning tips for the P-07. He’s certainly an expert, and the results of a CGW trigger job are amazing. However I have installed 8 CGW Prograde kits with zero polishing, and have not bent any springs. With a little grease and oil, and a small amount of break-in, the actions are crisp and smooth when the trigger is pulled at a realistic speed.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-11-2022 at 04:29 PM.

At 10-10.5# with the 15# mainspring, I'd like something just a hair lighter. I lubed/greased all the parts that showed any signs of hanging up, but there's still quite a bit of stagey-ness. Of course, I was still able to shoot it as well as my Staccato C on several drills shooting at realistic speed, so I probably ought to just stick with what I've got and let use smooth it out.

The kit I installed had that reduced power main spring (15#), trigger return spring, FPB spring and firing pin spring. I also installed their extended firing pin and their roll pin.

This is what I found, too: 13# spring doesn't work with P07 according to Cajun: https://cajungunworks.com/product/hs...hammer-spring/

I should have thrown one in the cart anyway. The ammo I was shooting yesterday was Blazer brass, so I dunno if they have hard, medium, or soft primers. I ordinarily buy whatever I can find, so I do want a hammer spring that works with a variety, but I'll keep testing this one til it seems not worth it. I do have the extended firing pin and light firing pin spring in place, along with the rest of the pro upgrade. I never had a problem with the trigger weight using the 15# spring. The purpose of my order was to get some spares, like recoil springs and whatnot, not to try to lighten the trigger. But I do like the light trigger!
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

User Tag List