Page 112 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1201

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Understood, thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I don’t have any significant personal experience with the stock spring, just bad experience with the CGW spring. I’ll keep an eye out for the video where Stoeger mentions the CGW spring failures on the S2.

CGW thinks their spring is more durable. I think @Clusterfrack has had good luck with the CGW spring.

Sooooooo……. I dunno.
    I've put a serious number of cycles on CGW trigger springs, and never had one break before at least 30k cycles (probably well over 60k including dryfire). Note that I always apply a drop of oil on the coils of the spring.

The new CZ OEM trigger springs seem to be improved and a lot more durable.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've put a serious number of cycles on CGW trigger springs, and never had one break before at least 30k cycles (probably well over 60k including dryfire). Note that I always apply a drop of oil on the coils of the spring.

The new CZ OEM trigger springs seem to be improved and a lot more durable.
    In an S2, I've never broken a CGW trigger spring over many, many, many dry and live presses.

@David S. remind me again what trigger you were using with the CGW spring that broke?

The reason why I ask is that I wonder if there's some geometrical benefit to having the RRK trigger plus the additional set screw holding leg alignment.

Almost all my presses have been with an RRK trigger.

I've broken two Cajun trigger return springs, too. The first one was after an awful lot of dry and live. The second one was after, I forget exactly, but I'd say 4-6 months of heavy dry fire. The 1st was in a P07, the 2nd was in an SP01 tactical. I was satisfied with the life of the 1st one, but I thought the 2nd one died kind of quick. I wrote to Cajun to ask about it, and David (I think that's his name) said they go fast when you do a lot of double action dry fire, which is what I was mostly doing. Both guns have stock triggers, no short return kits.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Stock trigger, with CGW Pro Package.

Mostly DA presses.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I've broken two Cajun trigger return springs, too. The first one was after an awful lot of dry and live. The second one was after, I forget exactly, but I'd say 4-6 months of heavy dry fire. The 1st was in a P07, the 2nd was in an SP01 tactical. I was satisfied with the life of the 1st one, but I thought the 2nd one died kind of quick. I wrote to Cajun to ask about it, and David (I think that's his name) said they go fast when you do a lot of double action dry fire, which is what I was mostly doing. Both guns have stock triggers, no short return kits.
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Stock trigger, with CGW Pro Package.

Mostly DA presses.
    Maybe there is something with the RRK. It yields a shorter double action stroke and perhaps that reduced range of travel helps preserve the life the spring when it’s not stressed as much geometrically?

I’m at years and many 10s of thousands of rounds on my springs currently (with RRK).

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Maybe there is something with the RRK. It yields a shorter double action stroke and perhaps that reduced range of travel helps preserve the life the spring when it’s not stressed as much geometrically?

I’m at years and many 10s of thousands of rounds on my springs currently (with RRK).
    Did not know there was a RRK available for the Omega trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Did not know there was a RRK available for the Omega trigger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are correct, there isn’t!

I was just trying to figure out if there was some reason why some people get a lot of life from their springs and others don’t.

To basically parse it down to application specific recommendations.

I was also wondering if the additional set screw of the CGW trigger allows better alignment of the long arm of the spring and less side loading.

When I install them, I notice that the set screw keeps the spring from tilting… so the spring leg is in line with the coils rather than angled across.

I have them in S2s (with RRK), and P-07s and they seem equally durable. Are the failures at the arm or the coil? Mine have all failed at the coil, supporting cyclic fatigue as the failure mode. Here are some possible explanations for premature failure:

1. Defective part
    2. Unlubricated spring coil creates friction, resulting in stress concentrations and premature failure
    3. High stress during installation creates a weak spot

Installing them is kind of a pain. A slave pin helps. And there's a new tool that makes it a whole lot easier:
    https://www.dot40.net/product/eemann...r-spring-tool/
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have them in S2s (with RRK), and P-07s and they seem equally durable. Are the failures at the arm or the coil? Mine have all failed at the coil, supporting cyclic fatigue as the failure mode.

Installing them is kind of a pain. A slave pin helps. And there's a new tool that makes it a whole lot easier:
    https://www.dot40.net/product/eemann...r-spring-tool/
    The tool works on the P-07, too, yes?

They also recommend their own spring. Anyone have any experience with them?

User Tag List