Page 59 of 120 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The guns are not designed to be dryfired without protection of the FP. "Unprotected" dryfire smashes the firing pin into the FP retaining roll pin, causing damage to the roll pin. Eventually, this can cause a malfunction where the FP does not move freely. I insert a half a foam earplug between the hammer and firing pin to protect the FP roll pin from peening. I also installed a CGW tempered steel roll pin that resists damage.
    That is the first thing I install at a minimum when I get a used CZ handgun. I got a P09 on trade last year and when I took out the old one, it was very damaged. Same with a 75B Omega I got in trade a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I only have one holster for the P-07/TLR-8, a Legacy Axion on a battle belt set up for some training I'm helping with (assuming we are able to do that in June). I don't find the activation to slow the draw much at all. My thumbs aren't long. I have smedium hands, and run the P-07 with the small backstrap. The High switch works best for me--I hit it with the tip of my support side thumb when my hands come together, or with the tip of my trigger finger when I'm shooting SHO or WHO.

You raise a great question about recoil and intermittent activation. I haven't done much shooting with it, and none in intermittent mode. I can see how shooting in intermittent mode could be an issue in recoil. I'll do some testing this week and get back to you about recoil and draw times.

I'll have two JMCKs when Tony gets the moulds for this gun/light combo, and can do a direct comparison with my CCW setup when that happens.
    The TLR-8 looks like it fits good on the P07. I have to operate my PL-Mini on my P07 the same way you do and it works good for me as well. I might have to give the TLR-8 a look. I really like Streamlight and have had excellent customer service with them as well. My PL-Mini has been excellent as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I've been a big fan of the TLR-7A series lights myself, until we started doing a lot of shooting with them out of Safariland duty holsters. Activation on the draw has been tricky, and seriously slows down the first shot out of the holster. Using it in intermittent mode is downright painful while shooting. I'm interested in your opinion because I know you're an accomplished shooter. Have you done a lot of shooting with this light, or been able to work activation on the draw? And how freakishly long are your thumbs?
    At the range now. I played with the P07 w/TLR8, and here’s what I found: activating the light/laser added about 0.2s to my draw. However, it’s hard to imagine a case where I would fire right away after activation. Either it’s a shoot decision, or I’ll have my light on and gun at ready.

Shooting multiple shots with the button held in momentary was a little annoying to the thumb, but totally doable. It felt like a ‘gas pedal’ on an open gun.

Shooting SHO with the daylight visible green laser makes hard shots easy. Here’s a pair at 20yds.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I use an o-ring instead of a foam earplug. I find foamies distracting. Downside is it flies out occasionally and they’re hard to find on our dark floor. I’m not sure how much dry fire the roll pin will take before failing, but I don’t worry about protecting it in classes or if I can’t find it for dry practice. Couple hundred unprotected dry strikes with no issues.

I only do this with my dedicated practice gun, not my carry gun.
    David S.

I dropped a 11.5# hammer spring into my training P-09 to test it out (it also has the full CGW upgrade kit). CGW recommends not dropping below 15# forty duty/carry and 13# for gamer/plinker guns. I read some folks have had success with the 11.5#, so I thought I’d give it a go.

150ish rounds of Fenix 147 through it: all slow fire at 25 yard B-8’s. Too soon to tell, but so far, so good. (Flawless. ) Trigger feel is significantly improved.
    David S.

13# is as low as I’ve gone for a carry P-07. I’ve shot 1000’s of CCI reloads with that spring and haven’t had light strikes. It takes 1-2 strikes to fire a CCI 41 mil rifle primer while a 15# will fire those on the first strike all the time.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

My JMCK holsters for CZ P-07 with TLR-8ga arrived yesterday. The fit, function, quality, and design are superb. I actually think the AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 light bearing holster is more comfortable, and draws better than my regular AIWB 2.5. I compared the fit and function to another major vendor’s Kydex holster, and the JMCKs are superior in every way, but not more expensive. Note the rounded corners, and detailed fitting.

I tried a few one-shot draws from AIWB, and already think this is my new EDC. Happy to answer questions.

OWB 2
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 05-27-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Guess I’m picking up right where I left off over a year ago. Glad to see the P-07 is still getting some love.
    Never could decide which I liked better between it and a Glock 19!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Guess I’m picking up right where I left off over a year ago. Glad to see the P-07 is still getting some love.
    Never could decide which I liked better between it and a Glock 19!
    Last weekend I co-taught a defensive handgun class, which ended with a 100 yd red dot shot (my partner runs a RDS on his G17) on an A-zone size steel at 100 yds. Students could use a barrel for support. I shot it offhand with irons with my P-07, under some significant pressure to perform . I don’t think I would have tried that with a G19.

Guess this is a good as place as any- I had life get in the way a bit around a year ago. Mainly swamped with more work than ever imagined. Now- finally freed up- I have the time to rebuild my shooting skills- and have the opportunity to go in one system. The P-07/P-09 versus G-19/G-17 is where I left off a year ago.
    My major worry- availability of CZ accessories- mainly magazines and right now just finding the pistols. Plus- a year ago- the P-series need to the extra $$ spent on Cajun Gun Works items to dramatically improve the pistol.

I have owned all these pistols and there is no distinguishing between how I shoot either of them. I like the hammer option on the CZ but Glocks carries AIWB are also fine.

Hoping to mainly find out how hard it is to find CZ accessories and do they need the CGW upgrades (guess I need to make sure CGW is still there). I know GuanoLoco was switching to CZ but he seems to have stopped posting a bit ago.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List