Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Well, that was easy.....Yesterday I came home with a 2014 P-07 (front slide serrations, interchangeable backstraps, 15 round mags).

Today it took but 100 rounds to convince me that the Glock goes and the CZ stays. 25 yard accuracy much improved over the G17. By the second string of 10 rounds at 25 I had the groups about equal to what I can do with a 4" wheelgun (hand palm size).

Controlled pairs (first round DA) at 10 yards were performed with an ease and an accuracy that I simply have never experienced before with either of my past TDA (S&W 915, P226) or striker guns (M&P, G17). The DA pull is entirely satisfactory though not quite to the level of a S&W wheelgun. For now I am leaving the pistol alone, including sights. The rear sight needs a wider notch, so that will be the first mod to be done. I may leave the front sight alone.

I am thoroughly impressed. I'm going to try to wet mold a FIST #20 that I have for an M&P to this gun so that I can get up and running on drills from the holster and IDPA. Obviously this pistol needs to prove itself before it goes out as a defensive tool but I have little doubt that it will.

Anyone want to buy a 17 Gen 4 with the 021 spring (100% reliable), six mags, a Brommeland Max Con V, and an Aholster kydex pancake?

Nice

I, too, struggled to master the Glock trigger for about 2 years and it just never happened for me. It got to the point where I wasn't enjoying shooting very much... I picked up a CZ 75BD on impulse because the DA trigger reach and ergos were a perfect fit for my big hands/long fingers and that made a huge difference for me. I have yet to shoot a P-07/P-09 but am curious to see if they work as well for me.

If you ever do decide to modify the action I highly recommend Cajun Gun Works for parts or the work itself.
    "A man's character is his fate."

It was a toss up between a P-01 and a P-07. What sealed the deal for the 07 was the shorter reach to the trigger. I have relatively small hands and any metal frame CZ would need a trigger reach reduction from CGW and maybe alu grips too. The P-07 with the small backstrap is good to go right out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    It was a toss up between a P-01 and a P-07. What sealed the deal for the 07 was the shorter reach to the trigger. I have relatively small hands and any metal frame CZ would need a trigger reach reduction from CGW and maybe alu grips too. The P-07 with the small backstrap is good to go right out of the box.
    If you opt to send your P-07 to David at CGW, you won't be disappointed.

I had never heard of CGW (not ever having a CZ pistol before) until I read the thread here about the tuned up P-09. Blieve me gents, once the credit card cools down, the pistol might be making a trip down there.

I do want to shoot it as is for a while to make sure I know what I want out of any mods.

I traded into a CZ 75 recently. I had a CGW spring kit put into it, and the difference in the DA trigger is simply amazing. I have only dry fired it. I don't like the amount of curve in the trigger and will probably swap it out for an 85 trigger.

All of that to say this, I am so impressed with the CGW spring upgrade, I'm strongly considering ordering a P07 from CGW. I really like the idea of a flat faced trigger with a sweet DA pull, and the reports of accuracy are encouraging.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I had never heard of CGW (not ever having a CZ pistol before) until I read the thread here about the tuned up P-09. Blieve me gents, once the credit card cools down, the pistol might be making a trip down there.

I do want to shoot it as is for a while to make sure I know what I want out of any mods.
    Don't forget there are also drop in parts from CGW (as you know from the P-09 thread). Lighter on the wallet and you don't have to send your gun off.

Site Supporter
    These are high on my want list.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup town View Post
    Don't forget there are also drop in parts from CGW (as you know from the P-09 thread). Lighter on the wallet and you don't have to send your gun off.
    You tempt me......

Don't forget the guys at CZ Custom do a great job as well.
    But my next CZ will be done by Akai Gun Works in Florida. Sonny Morton let me try his SP01 and... gotta have one.
    Also, don't forget Matt Mink.

Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

User Tag List