Page 102 of 121 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1201

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good idea. It sounds like your solution and mine are similar.

Tool for installation of decocker spring (this makes an annoying step easy):
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016A8I8HC/

Damn that's a good idea. I just rely on needle nose pliers and creative profanity combinations mostly.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Dremel buffing tool dehorning job on the CGW hammer.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter

New CZ P-07 Mind Blown

Very sweet! We’re you able to do this while the hammer was attached to the pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
    Very sweet! We’re you able to do this while the hammer was attached to the pistol?
    Yes. Dog poop bag over the gun, push hammer to puncture bag so that's all that is exposed.

I applied Brownells Super Black to the polished area. I doubt it will be very durable, but worth a try.

Site Supporter

New CZ P-07 Mind Blown

I like it what you’ve accomplished. I carried a 3” chief hvy bbl (Model 36) for years from early to mid 80’s while working plain clothes details. The hammer was shortened & bobbed with new serrations added to the part of the hammer closest to the frame. It also had a very smooth trigger job. That gun was a shooter - very accurate & quick to point & align. Walter Birdsong refinished it
    I still have it but the days of my carrying a 3” Chief are in the past for me. Not enough gun for its weight & size. Just my opinion.

Yes. Dog poop bag over the gun, push hammer to puncture bag so that's all that is exposed.

I applied Brownells Super Black to the polished area. I doubt it will be very durable, but worth a try.
    Send it out to be PVD coated.

I decided to join the P07 club. Better late than never, right?

Question for those in the know: My gun which is box stock has a very distinct "hitch" in the trigger pull, which is particularly bothersome while in single action. It occurs about 1/4" - 1/8"th before the single action break.

My assumption is that this is the trigger bar pressing up on the firing pin block, but it's throwing me off and causing me to anticipate shots. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, is installing a reduced power firing pin block enough to eliminate the issue or are other remedies necessary?

Welcome to the P-07 club, @mizer67. In my experience, the action of all P-07s improves significantly with lubrication and break-in. Here are some things that improve the SA pull:
    • grease sear spring hole (small amount)
    • reduced power FP block spring
    • grease sear
    • break-in of sear surfaces

Of course, a CGW Prograde Kit takes the action to another level. But it's really not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    I decided to join the P07 club. Better late than never, right?

Question for those in the know: My gun which is box stock has a very distinct "hitch" in the trigger pull, which is particularly bothersome while in single action. It occurs about 1/4" - 1/8"th before the single action break.

My assumption is that this is the trigger bar pressing up on the firing pin block, but it's throwing me off and causing me to anticipate shots. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, is installing a reduced power firing pin block enough to eliminate the issue or are other remedies necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Send it out to be PVD coated.
    I could. But it will just get worn again, so I think I'll leave it.

Welcome to the P-07 club, @mizer67. In my experience, the action of all P-07s improves significantly with lubrication and break-in. Here are some things that improve the SA pull:
    • grease sear spring hole (small amount)
    • reduced power FP block spring
    • grease sear
    • break-in of sear surfaces

Of course, a CGW Prograde Kit takes the action to another level. But it's really not necessary.
    Thank you for the tips. I'm going to try the CGW Prograde kit. It's part of why I bought the gun is the fact the CGW kit exists for it. Probably not for a few months though.

In the meantime, I want to try a few springs and internal polishing of the action to see if I can help it along to becoming something great.

User Tag List