Page 72 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I prefer 147gr for carry ammo because they are not as loud as 124. I haven't observed any accuracy differences among bullet weights in my P-07s, or in other people's guns. These are remarkably accurate guns with any ammo I have used.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

All I shoot is Fenix 147g. Something like 9000 through 3 guns with no problems.... except when I started tinkering with super light springs.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    For the P-07; For self defense; what modifications make a more reliable weapon/tool? If reliability is my main concern, if most self defense shootings occur within 5-7 yards- should I leave my P-07 bone stock or does the extended firing pin and the improved sear pin make a more better tool? Concerning Glocks; OEM is always recommended- what is best practice for P-07s? NOT trying to troll here; TIA.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by momano View Post
    For the P-07; For self defense; what modifications make a more reliable weapon/tool? If reliability is my main concern, if most self defense shootings occur within 5-7 yards- should I leave my P-07 bone stock or does the extended firing pin and the improved sear pin make a more better tool? Concerning Glocks; OEM is always recommended- what is best practice for P-07s? NOT trying to troll here; TIA.
    Good question. I agree that OEM is usually best, unless there’s a good reason. The only aftermarket part that improves reliability in a P-07 is the CGW hardened firing pin retention pin.

For defensive use, I prefer a DA pull around 8 lbs, while retaining a SA pull around 3 lbs—similar to OEM. That requires some mods, which do not appear to reduce reliability. This can be accomplished with a full Prograde kit, or more cheaply with a few CGW parts.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a stock P-07, especially after some lubrication and break in.

Quote Originally Posted by momano View Post

The advantage to the extended firing pin is it allows you to use much lighter hammer springs and still reliably touch off hard primers. If you are fine with the DA weight as it comes there is no reason to change it out. Likewise all the other internal upgrades are designed to improved the trigger pull. They dont improve the safety or reliability, but they also dont hurt it either. This is a big difference between a TDA gun and a striker fired gun in general: you can greatly improve the trigger pull without sacrificing safety or reliability, this is not generally the case with Glocks.

One exception to this is the improved firing pin retaining pin: this does improve the durability of the firearm because the stock firing pin retaining pin is a poorly designed part that will eventually break from dry fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good question. I agree that OEM is usually best, unless there’s a good reason. The only aftermarket part that improves reliability in a P-07 is the CGW hardened firing pin retention pin.

For defensive use, I prefer a DA pull around 8 lbs, while retaining a SA pull around 3 lbs—similar to OEM. That requires some mods, which do not appear to reduce reliability. This can be accomplished with a full Prograde kit, or more cheaply with a few CGW parts.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a stock P-07, especially after some lubrication and break in.
    I agree with this. I could get away with a stock p07 with the CGW firing pin and a spring kit with srt and be completely happy.

Shoot the crap out of it and smooth that da out. You will have a shooter for not much moola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Thank you, Gentlemen! Order placed with CGW.

Site Supporter
    Are the talon grips for this gun a wise investment? I've been thinking about some upgrades.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Are the talon grips for this gun a wise investment? I've been thinking about some upgrades.
    I prefer TractionGrips to Talon for the P-07. I have them on all of mine, and they make a huge difference. I bought spares, but haven't had to change them, even after years of sweaty carry.
    http://www.tractiongrips.com/catalog/i71.html

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I prefer TractionGrips to Talon for the P-07. I have them on all of mine, and they make a huge difference. I bought spares, but haven't had to change them, even after years of sweaty carry.
    http://www.tractiongrips.com/catalog/i71.html
    Agreed. Talons do not seem to survive as well under use. I have had multiple sets and if carried regularly, the talons would not last a year. Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List