Page 55 of 121 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    A certain world class competitor told me that he thought the reduced power trigger springs (CGW, PD) were all trash that failed prematurely and weren’t worth it, and that he only used the full power factory trigger return springs (Tanfo, not sure on CZ).
    Well I have broke one of the factory ones, actually just when I was taking it out to put in the CGW. Think it is fairly known for the CZ factory trigger return springs to break.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

I'm on try #3 with a P07, first time I had one I really didn't appreciate it; I was on a "carry cocked and locked only" kick and couldn't reliably hit the thumb safety, so I sold it. The second time I had one something new and shiny came along so I moved it without really doing anything with it...both times, I didn't really give it a fair shake. Just picked up another. I'm pretty happy with it. I think that other than the CGW love it's gotten, I'm going to need to find bigger sights for it...the factory ones work, but they're tiny and a little hard to pick up. I just read through the thread to find the Night Fision stuff...I'll probably be giving them a try.

One thing I noticed that I don't think I noticed before the handful of times I shot my other 07s...the slide stop heats up pretty quickly at compressed round counts! I put through 200 rounds Blazer 124gr, 14 rounds of 147gr HST, and 23 rounds of Fed Syntech 124gr inside of 30 minutes, and by around 175 or maybe 200, the slide stop was noticeably hot, not quite but not far from uncomfortably hot to come in contact with for any appreciable length of time. My hands are big enough so that the meaty part of my thumb/palm makes contact with the slide stop, and that really felt the heat.

I got the PMM JTTC for the P07/P09. I haven't seen pictures of it on a P07 so here they are. The lines don't match up like they do on the P09 and the length is a just a bit longer than the P09. I don't have a threaded barrel anymore so it's just sitting against it [emoji18]

I just got a CZ Custom shop P07 with a trigger job, a front fiber optic sight, and a half dozen mags, 4 15 round and 2 10 round. It's barely been fired from what it appears, and I put a box of WWB 115gr through it and so far, it's great. I'm going to do a sort of comparison to it's sort of clone bargain twin, a SAR CM9 G2, which is just a great gun, regardless of price. Obviously the P07 has a vastly superior trigger and on DA, it's about 40% less effort needed to fire that first shot, but it's not bad. SA on the P07 was measured at 3 pounds, 6 oz, and feels like it's less than half the CM9's required effort. My CM9 has the stock sights with some glow in the dark sight paint on them, and again, the CZ's sights, at least in daytime, are vastly better. Once I get a couple of hundred rounds through the CZ to sort of even out the wear a bit, I'm going to shoot the same ammo in them, side by side and compare accuracy and function. I have a lot of different brands and type of 9mm, so it will be interesting to see how the CZ compares to the SAR, which eats everything. So far, my not great shooting has made them look like they are pretty much identical. I'll try to shoot them from a rest and see what difference there is, if any at the 50 ft max at the range. I don't think it's going to be a huge difference, to be honest about it. P07:
    Name:  k6OKXG.jpg
Views: 1523
Size:  56.0 KB
    Sar CM9 G2:
    Name:  6071551ccb65ca07a1d50117c6ad5b45.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  26.5 KB

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I finally got around to replacing my 0.156" tall Night Fision front sight with a Dawson 0.190" tritium front on my ProGrade P-07.

You may recall that the NF set shot 4-6" high at 25 yds, and even higher at 50 yds. After a very helpful chat with Dave at CGW, and confirmation using Dawson's sight calculator, I ordered a taller (0.190") front and retained the very nice Night Fision rear.

I'm quite happy with the results using a top-of-blade sight picture.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-10-2019 at 07:30 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I finally got around to replacing my 0.156" tall Night Fision front sight with a Dawson 0.190" tritium front on my ProGrade P-07.

You may recall that the NF set shot 4-6" high at 25 yds, and even higher at 50 yds. After a very helpful chat with Dave at CGW, and confirmation using Dawson's sight calculator, I ordered a taller (0.190") front and retained the very nice Night Fision rear.

I'm quite happy with the results using a top-of-blade sight picture.

I've been very pleased with mine but I did add Dawson plain rear with green FO front. Even with bi-focals I've been able to keep 50 rds in th B8 black from 7-20 yds...slow fire.

Lots of good info in this thread.

-Seems like most folks working on the P-07/09 are using, at a minimum, the CGW hammer. Does that make it a no-go for USPSA production? I know folks are shooting Production with them, but I’m favored to win Area 9 this year and one of those Stock 2 shooters is bound to complain when I beat them with a $400 plastic gun.

-is the CZ Custom comp hammer production legal?

-what type of trigger pull weight in both DA and SA can a moderately mechanically minded DIYer get with the factory hammer and just polishing and changing various springs?

Thanks.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

@BigD, The Production division rule changes make this a non issue.

21.6 - Exchange of minor External components: Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors, magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties, triggers, hammers, bushings, and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

A full CGW ProGrade Kit would be my recommendation, but you can do a lot with reduced power hammer and trigger springs, and extended firing pin & CGW FP roll pin.

You should be able to have a 7# DA and 2.5# SA, but you’ll want to use Fed primers.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/p-...grade-package/
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 09-11-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I will be going back to the P-07 for duty. It's not perfect, but it is the best all around production firearm for me. If the P250 was still made, I might look at it, but I don't want anymore guns for serious use that are out of production.

Personally, I prefer the P-07 as it comes. The stock version offers safety (DA/SA, thumb the hammer etc,), durability, and good accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @BigD, The Production division rule changes make this a non issue.

21.6 - Exchange of minor External components: Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins, extractors, magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties, triggers, hammers, bushings, and ejectors MAY be replaced with OFM or aftermarket parts.

A full CGW ProGrade Kit would be my recommendation, but you can do a lot with reduced power hammer and trigger springs, and extended firing pin & CGW FP roll pin.

You should be able to have a 7# DA and 2.5# SA, but you’ll want to use Fed primers.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/p-...grade-package/
    Thank you. I wasn’t aware of the latest rule change. (Used to be no external mods that weren’t available as a factory option)

I appreciate it.

User Tag List