Page 77 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Just got off the phone with CGW. More likely than not I’ll be sending them a P-07.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Just got off the phone with CGW. More likely than not I’ll be sending them a P-07.
    Not a bad idea. It's just seemed expensive, especially when you factor in shipping. In addition to installing parts, I understand they'll do some polishing etc. tho.

I also considered sending it to The SIG Armorer, who's local, to have him do the action job and/or install the parts kit. I've heard nothing but good about him. While CZ aren't his specialty, I've understand he has some experience with them. At the time, he said he would normally accept the work but was booked solid. I assume that's the case now, but it might be worth asking.

Give me a holler if you're inclined to "try before you buy." I have a fair bit of availability over the next couple weeks.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I also considered sending it to The SIG Armorer, who's local, to have him do the action job and/or install the parts kit. I've heard nothing but good about him.
    PM inbound.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Not gonna lie, apart from a trigger bar or a hammer spring, I never did much more than field stripped any of my Beretta 92 pistols. And aside from the Prograde CGW goodies I take the same approach to the c-zed
    @Les Pepperoni ran CZs and Berettas so I suspect he might be able to comment on how easy stripping is...er...How to disassemble your gun fully.

I think the Beretta was a bit easier, but damn both guns made me appreciate the simplicity of a 1911 or a Glock when it came to detail stripping.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I loved the way the CZ75/SP01/Shadows shot. They were horribly brittle and taking care of them was like a full time job. Everything broke all the time.
    The Omega trigger system is much more robust (except the FP retaining roll pin that has once needed replacement after a week of dry-fire...)
    I think the Shadow 2 improves on almost all aspects of the design, tho.

The Beretta does have a lot of parts, but it is a durable design. There are little bits and springs and a few 'with your 3rd hand press this...' during full disassembly, but YMMV...

I guess it depends on if you're planning to learn how to do complete rebuilds of the firearm vs just keeping it generally clean and shooting?
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 05-26-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I think the Shadow 2 improves on almost all aspects of the design, tho.
    Agree. The changes look superficial, but the S2 is a significant improvement. I’m not sure I would be shooting CZs if it weren’t for the Shadow2.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I've owned a P07 for much longer than any of my Berettas. I did a side by side comparison with a Compact PX4 and while I liked the PX4, I felt as if the pistol would need certain modifications to make it as shootable (for me) as the P07. At this point I actually have more rounds through my M9 than my P07 and still while I can shoot both equally well, I can maintain that level of proficiency with the P07 with less effort.

I invested heavily in support for the M9/92 series pistols. Parts were more easily attainable and cheaper. Magazines are still cheaper for the 92 series even though the P07/P10 magazines have come down quite a bit in price recently. Most importantly for me, finding left handed holsters for the Beretta was easier. Granted there are quite a few kydex benders out there that can build me a quality holster for the P07 however, I wanted a couple of Safariland holsters with hoods for reasons. I've yet to see anything like that for the P07.

I still tend to pack the P07 for road trips if I take anything bigger than a S&W model 12 and a J frame. I tend to take the minimalist route now when traveling with firearms.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Not a bad idea. It's just seemed expensive, especially when you factor in shipping. In addition to installing parts, I understand they'll do some polishing etc. tho.

I also considered sending it to The SIG Armorer, who's local, to have him do the action job and/or install the parts kit. I've heard nothing but good about him. While CZ aren't his specialty, I've understand he has some experience with them. At the time, he said he would normally accept the work but was booked solid. I assume that's the case now, but it might be worth asking.

Give me a holler if you're inclined to "try before you buy." I have a fair bit of availability over the next couple weeks.

Thank you for that offer! I may very well take you up on it. I’ll PM you in a bit.

The Sig Armorer is close enough that I’ve driven to his place before. He did what Sig couldn’t do, make a P232 reliable. Had no idea he did work on CZ stuff. Tomorrow, it sounds as if I need to call him and check on that.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Why would one choose a P-07 over a 75 Compact D, also known as the PCR?
    ambi safety?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Agree. The changes look superficial, but the S2 is a significant improvement. I’m not sure I would be shooting CZs if it weren’t for the Shadow2.
    Same here. I’ve borrowed CZs for matches in the past, and it never stuck. Today my primary production and carry optics guns are both Shadow 2s.

I'm re-homing a primary machine p07 slide if any of you folks are interested. I just don't carry it anymore

User Tag List