Page 75 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Sound argument and we’re I am with Glocks, but I keep looking for something different even though I know that I shouldn’t…
    If Glock had a quality factory safety option, I would be there with Glock.

Imagine that the P-07 had been released in the year 2000, and I could see it being the DA/SA option for most.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    M&P... don't get me started on the design flaws in that gun.
    I would love to hear more about this maybe in another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Most of my negative comments are chicken shit nit picks. Nothing is perfect, but the P-0/09 is a darn good option.
    I add to your negative list: when I bought my 1st P07 a couple three years ago, I did not realize that I couldn't dry fire it without taking some sort of precautions. Yes, bad research on my part, but I was frankly stunned to learn that I'd bought a modern pistol that couldn't be safely dry fired. I consider this a ridiculous move on CZ's part. I have replaced the firing pin retaining pin on both my guns, and I always dry fire with snap caps, so there are pretty easy workarounds. But still. Come on, CZ.

Still, I'm bought in. Like you say, nothing is perfect.

I agree with you and others here, by the way, in saying the detail strip really isn't that hard. I've had my guns down to the frame a couple of times and there's nothing too much to it, apart from that decocker spring which is definitely annoying. But if I can do it, pretty much anyone can.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I would love to hear more about this maybe in another thread?
    I don't want to start a M&P love/hate thread. But if I did, I could start by asking why the Apex Striker Safety kit includes a rear sight removal tool?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    How would you compare the durability and ability to detail strip of the Beretta 92 vs the P-07?

Can the B92 be made as durable?

I don’t have a lot of experience with the 92. It’s not of great interest to me.

The P-07 is about as simple as a TDA can get, and I like that. I think it’s the Glock of TDAs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Well, if you dryfire the Glock a lot, you will break the breachface. And, you can't put in an oring anywhere to prevent it. And that platform was designed to require one to dryfire to disassemble it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I add to your negative list: when I bought my 1st P07 a couple three years ago, I did not realize that I couldn't dry fire it without taking some sort of precautions. Yes, bad research on my part, but I was frankly stunned to learn that I'd bought a modern pistol that couldn't be safely dry fired. I consider this a ridiculous move on CZ's part. I have replaced the firing pin retaining pin on both my guns, and I always dry fire with snap caps, so there are pretty easy workarounds. But still. Come on, CZ.

Still, I'm bought in. Like you say, nothing is perfect.

I agree with you and others here, by the way, in saying the detail strip really isn't that hard. I've had my guns down to the frame a couple of times and there's nothing too much to it, apart from that decocker spring which is definitely annoying. But if I can do it, pretty much anyone can.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Well, if you dryfire the Glock a lot, you will break the breachface. And, you can't put in an oring anywhere to prevent it. And that platform was designed to require one to dryfire to disassemble it. lol
    Huh. I did not know that. So was I too rough on CZ, or have I been too easy on Glock?

Dry fire worries about the M&P? My son has one.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Dry fire worries about the M&P? My son has one.
    A worry?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How would you compare the durability and ability to detail strip of the Beretta 92 vs the P-07?

Can the B92 be made as durable?
    Not gonna lie, apart from a trigger bar or a hammer spring, I never did much more than field stripped any of my Beretta 92 pistols. And aside from the Prograde CGW goodies I take the same approach to the c-zed
    @Les Pepperoni ran CZs and Berettas so I suspect he might be able to comment on how easy stripping is...er...How to disassemble your gun fully.

I think the Beretta was a bit easier, but damn both guns made me appreciate the simplicity of a 1911 or a Glock when it came to detail stripping.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List