Page 96 of 121 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I had a bead of grease in the trigger bar channel before, this time I used a drop or two of oil, no appreciable difference really.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I can’t believe they haven’t updated these a bit, as they are great guns! Thin em a bit, streamline controls, make them optic ready, update the grip texture. Also, why can’t the factory just put it improved springs as it would make a world of difference. Hope they offer a subcompact!

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I can’t believe they haven’t updated these a bit, as they are great guns! Thin em a bit, streamline controls, make them optic ready, update the grip texture. Also, why can’t the factory just put it improved springs as it would make a world of difference. Hope they offer a subcompact!
    A lot can be done by most manufacturers to make all their guns better. I agree, the CZ polymer omegas are great guns. I love all three of mine. The 'rona shutdowns probably set back most new product development a solid 1-2 years. A subcompact polymer omega would be awesome. They could use the P-10S mags. If CZ would homogenize the aesthetics with the P-10 series, include optics compatibility, they might pull some folks into the DA/SA world.

CZ's focus has been on the P-10 series. They are following the products that sell.

Site Supporter
    Got some ostentatious bullshi---I mean a pimp gold threaded barrel and stealth comp to try out from Primary Arms.

After trying a ported LTT Beretta barrel for a model 92, I've decided to give the compensated barrel thing a try.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

An update to the P07/P09 would be awesome for sure. My main thing I would like to see is better grip texture and out of the box optics ready. Really though, I do not see this happening. DA/SA is just not the money maker and the P10 is the main focus I am sure. CZ has a lot going on I would bet with the recent Colt deal, so I don't expect much from them for this year at least. Just look at the DWX, it pretty much vanished. Hoping they reintroduce it with otpics cuts one day. As for me, I have tried so many other pistols and the P09 (mainly) and the P07 keeps coming out on top for me, so I will stick with them and hope CZ does not drop them overall anytime soon.

Site Supporter
    I wonder what the risk of the P-07 being discontinued really is. I believe it has a few decent sized foreign contracts that might keep it around for a while.

CZ has a good track record of supporting and manufacturing its core CZ75 product lines. I’m not worried about the P-07/09. An optic ready version would be nice, but I prefer direct mill to a plate system anyway.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    An update to the P07/P09 would be awesome for sure. My main thing I would like to see is better grip textureand out of the box optics ready. Really though, I do not see this happening. DA/SA is just not the money maker and the P10 is the main focus I am sure. CZ has a lot going on I would bet with the recent Colt deal, so I don't expect much from them for this year at least. Just look at the DWX, it pretty much vanished. Hoping they reintroduce it with otpics cuts one day. As for me, I have tried so many other pistols and the P09 (mainly) and the P07 keeps coming out on top for me, so I will stick with them and hope CZ does not drop them overall anytime soon.
    Agreed. For me, the companies that have their poly texture pretty much perfected are Shadow Systems, S&W 2.0 and believe it or not, Palmetto State’s Dagger. Everyone else should just copy what they’ve done.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    I’ll say it again.

The P-07 would be a great weapon for LE department or military that could/would invest the extra time into training the DA/SA. In my opinion, the P-07 controls are natural and the trigger decent enough that I don’t think it would take a significant amount of more time to make someone adequately proficient with it. I’m not a trainer of others, so I may be out in la la land on that one.

It’s easier to decock than a Sig, and it’s lighter and more compact than the 92 series.

A slightly better DA trigger (mainly smoother but a pound or so lighter).

Better grip texturing

Increased durability of a couple of parts

Tons of support gear options.

With those improvements, I think it would be an even better option. Since Safariland already makes ALS holsters for the gun, the support gear part is mostly there.

CZ could offer armorers training to help out with contracts.

For better or worse, worse in my view, we are in a world of mostly safetyless “nice”short length of pull light triggers. The P-07 is the best overall DA/SA that came out in the wrong era.

User Tag List