Page 83 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    When I checked one out, I had this same problem immediately. Nothing crazy as far as placement, just first joint on the trigger.

I did not notice the same problem when fondling a P07 Duty with the original curved trigger. Those triggers are no longer in production.

I believe this CGW one is your other option, but I've not put hands on it yet: https://cajungunworks.com/product/omega-trigger/
    If you get the omega combat trigger, be sure to grab one of their trigger return springs as well. It's slightly smaller diameter. I installed mine with the original trs first and it took a ton of effort to get the pin through and felt like the system had too much pressure on everything. It broke within 100 rounds. The cgw trs went in without issue with the omega combat trigger and seems to be back to normal feel/operation.

Another option is the flat trigger from cz custom.

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/p0...a-trigger.html

Seems weird on a DA/SA but I ordered one to try as well, simply out of curiosity. I'll report, as I had the same issue above with finger placement.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    @willie, I'm replying over in this thread as it seems a better place. Hopefully CZ will take care of your sight. Mine doesn't have tritium sites, and I can't find any blemishes on the gun.

I took my new P-07 to the range for the first time today, and shot 150 rounds through it. One round of PPU 124 gr required two strikes to ignite, and I had one brass to the face. I like the pistol, but I think that I would rank it below the PX4 and P30. The DA trigger pull on my is ~12 pounds. (My trigger pull gauge maxes out at 10 lbs, so I'm estimating.) Apparently I put too much of my trigger finger through the trigger guard when I shoot, and now I have a blood blister from having the pad of my trigger finger pinched between the trigger and the frame. Aside from the trigger issue, the pistol feels great in hand, and I seem to shoot it about as well as I shoot any non-Glock/non-P30 pistol. I need to be better about tracking performance, so I can't offered detailed metrics.
    You might try changing the grip insert to see if a different one would effect the trigger/frame bite you experienced. A lighter trigger return spring will slight lower double action pull. Don't laugh but so will a little extra lube--especially until the parts wear in. If the fired brass has prominent indentations, the fact that a round required a 2nd punch is most likely an ammo problem. Some new pistols are delivered with crud in their internals. Sometimes on a new pistol the hammer is not falling with full force due to parts drag. These are two possible variables. Crud or grease in the firing pin channel is an example.

I drink CZ Kool Aid but am not an apologist for them. I have had several trigger return springs break. Then you have a
    a paper weight. If I were a police chief, I would not recommend issuing them. After you tinker with yours and vet it, you will have a reliable handgun, but it will never be an HK. If you decide to carry a CZ, buy a second one to use as a range gun and carry the other one. I have 4 CZ 9mm handguns. I love them. If I were a cop, I'd carry a Glock. I drink 1911 juice too but would not use one as a cop. In a few more years I will be carrying a water pistol.😁

@pangloss, here’s a post on how to break in and lubricate a P-07 to significantly improve the trigger.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post744301
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Another option is the flat trigger from cz custom.

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/p0...a-trigger.html

Seems weird on a DA/SA but I ordered one to try as well, simply out of curiosity. I'll report, as I had the same issue above with finger placement.
    Could be optical illusion, but reach looks like it may be longer.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Site Supporter
    Thanks for all the tips and the link to the break in post. I'll give it a careful read tomorrow. I went ahead and ordered the trigger and a new trigger return spring from Cajun. I used their TRS on my CZ75 after breaking a couple of factory springs. I've not yet had to replace the Cajun spring. I'll make these two change first and if the pistol is still pinching my finger, I'll try a larger backstrap. I'd be perfectly happy if this trigger requires a tiny bit more reach, as I really like the backstrap that is on the pistol now.

@backtrail540, please let me know what you think of that straight trigger from CZC.

I was not a fan of the straight trigger on the P09

I strongly prefer the CZ for a dot gun, because milling, mounting and BUIS solutions are uncomplicated.

The PX4 "needs" an upgraded decocker, grip texture and sights. I prefer LTT trigger work, but could have been content with just a lighter spring.
    The CZ "needs" sights and more extensive trigger work. I prefer more grip texture, but can live with the factory setup.

For an iron sight gun, it would cost a little less to get a PX4 "minimally" equipped. It costs about the same to get it well equipped.

Overall, I think a preference pro/con chart looks fairly equal. I started with the PX4. I would have stayed with it had I not decided to go down the RDS path.
    David S.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Dammit! Now y'all have me wanting to do a RDS slide cut on one of my P-07s. If these are my criteria, where should I send it, what type of cut, and what optic?

1. Anti-obsolescence. I keep my guns for a very long time, and there are few things I hate more than investing time and effort in a doomed platform. Is the RMR slide cut the way to go for this?
    2. Mechanically robust.
    3. Long service life.

Is the RMR 2 still the best choice? I don't care about a circle-dot reticle or anything like that.

@David S.
    @JCN
    @RJ
    @Cdub_NW
    @GJM
    @Trooper224
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-16-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    You might try changing the grip insert to see if a different one would effect the trigger/frame bite you experienced. A lighter trigger return spring will slight lower double action pull. Don't laugh but so will a little extra lube--especially until the parts wear in. If the fired brass has prominent indentations, the fact that a round required a 2nd punch is most likely an ammo problem. Some new pistols are delivered with crud in their internals. Sometimes on a new pistol the hammer is not falling with full force due to parts drag. These are two possible variables. Crud or grease in the firing pin channel is an example.

I drink CZ Kool Aid but am not an apologist for them. I have had several trigger return springs break. Then you have a
    a paper weight. If I were a police chief, I would not recommend issuing them. After you tinker with yours and vet it, you will have a reliable handgun, but it will never be an HK. If you decide to carry a CZ, buy a second one to use as a range gun and carry the other one. I have 4 CZ 9mm handguns. I love them. If I were a cop, I'd carry a Glock. I drink 1911 juice too but would not use one as a cop. In a few more years I will be carrying a water pistol.😁
    This is not specific to CZ, but rather a general rule of thumb with any weapon.

The trs has always been the weak point with the CZ.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    This is not specific to CZ, but rather a general rule of thumb with any weapon.

The trs has always been the weak point with the CZ.
    The newer CZs appear to ship with a significantly improved TRS that has a very long service life. I still replace mine with the CGW part, but I think this issue is in the past.

User Tag List