Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post

I like it well enough now, that even if I couldn't get a ALS holster for it, I would just have a custom duty thumb break made.

The only gun I would no consider as an alternative would be a Beretta 92.

The P-07 is a great gun, and like you I jumped off and on the wagon a few times. Unless I have to, it's unlikely I will change anytime soon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I like it well enough now, that even if I couldn't get a ALS holster for it, I would just have a custom duty thumb break made.

The only gun I would no consider as an alternative would be a Beretta 92.

The P-07 is a great gun, and like you I jumped off and on the wagon a few times. Unless I have to, it's unlikely I will change anytime soon.
    As a long time Beretta 92 fan, I found the CZ P-07 continues to impress. Compared to a Standard Beretta 92FS it's similar. I feel something like a 92LTT is superior. But...compared to other guns within it's size/weight class I feel the CZ blows them out of the water. It may not be more accurate than a glock 19, but I can shoot it considerably better than I could shoot my Glock 19 with a RMR. Both guns can do a 2.5-3.5" group at 25 yards with good ammo...but I couldn't shoot a G19 better than 5" at that range.

I'm also a huge fan of DA/SA guns as a carry pistol. Mine was extremely receptive to trigger work. Also the P-07 having a decocker is great.

There's also just this X factor about it. I can carry it concealed under almost anything with the JMCK holster. Its freaky. I even put on a spandex rash guard on and could keep it concealed. I don't have a reason for any kind of subcompact or slimline subcompact gun given how easily this gun conceals for me. It's literally either a pocket gun or a P-07.

I blame @Clusterfrack for spiking my interest in this gun.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    As a long time Beretta 92 fan, I found the CZ P-07 continues to impress. Compared to a Standard Beretta 92FS it's similar. I feel something like a 92LTT is superior. But...compared to other guns within it's size/weight class I feel the CZ blows them out of the water. It may not be more accurate than a glock 19, but I can shoot it considerably better than I could shoot my Glock 19 with a RMR. Both guns can do a 2.5-3.5" group at 25 yards with good ammo...but I couldn't shoot a G19 better than 5" at that range.

I'm also a huge fan of DA/SA guns as a carry pistol. Mine was extremely receptive to trigger work. Also the P-07 having a decocker is great.

There's also just this X factor about it. I can carry it concealed under almost anything with the JMCK holster. Its freaky. I even put on a spandex rash guard on and could keep it concealed. I don't have a reason for any kind of subcompact or slimline subcompact gun given how easily this gun conceals for me. It's literally either a pocket gun or a P-07.

I blame @Clusterfrack for spiking my interest in this gun.

It’s what a Glock should be.

Have you compared one to a 92 compact?

Site Supporter
    It’s what a Glock should be.

Have you compared one to a 92 compact?
    Not directly. The 92 compact I owned was a chonky boi and I carried it in a CCC shaggy, but it was not comfortable and not anywhere near as concealed. I think it might look different in a JMCK wingclaw but I don't own it anymore, sadly, having abandoned it for the glock 19 that my P-07 ultimately replaced.

The compact 92s were stupid accurate though.

Site Supporter
    Not directly. The 92 compact I owned was a chonky boi and I carried it in a CCC shaggy, but it was not comfortable and not anywhere near as concealed. I think it might look different in a JMCK wingclaw but I don't own it anymore, sadly, having abandoned it for the glock 19 that my P-07 ultimately replaced.

The compact 92s were stupid accurate though.

I think if I had to switch to a different gun, it might be the 92 compact.

Site Supporter
    I think if I had to switch to a different gun, it might be the 92 compact.
    I briefly considered a 92x compact just because I already have the 92 LTT and it's by far one of my favorite handguns. I'd probably get a TJIAB. I have briefly thought I should give it a whirl and if it's as easy to carry as the CZ I'd just send the P-07 down the road to simplify my gun safe and because I have loads of Beretta support gear.

Site Supporter
    I briefly considered a 92x compact just because I already have the 92 LTT and it's by far one of my favorite handguns. I'd probably get a TJIAB. I have briefly thought I should give it a whirl and if it's as easy to carry as the CZ I'd just send the P-07 down the road to simplify my gun safe and because I have loads of Beretta support gear.

There are a few changes (though not necessary) I would make to the P-07 first, but I would see it as a good option for the right agency. Especially if CZ made a single stack thin 43x like DA/SA gun.

I just bought my 3rd P-07, from @Palmguy. Thanks dude! 50 rounds went through it today, before my main practice. Even box-stock with no lube and break in, the action was surprisingly good. The DA pull was a little gritty, but that's it. OEM sights were spot on at 20yds. I really like these guns.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I just bought my 3rd P-07, from @Palmguy. Thanks dude! 50 rounds went through it today, before my main practice. Even box-stock with no lube and break in, the action was surprisingly good. The DA pull was a little gritty, but that's it. OEM sights were spot on at 20yds. I really like these guns.
    These guns are just great for sure. I only have 1 P07 (OD Green model), but wnat to pick up a UG/SR model. As for the P09, I have3 now. Love them just as much. The third one I picked up is a bone stock model with standard sights. Thinking about making this one a dot gun.

New CZ P-07 = Mind Blown

I installed the “poor man’s” Prograde Kit in P-07 #3:

CGW parts:
    Extended FP & spring
    Hardened roll pin
    Reduced power TRS
    13# hammer spring (blue)
    Machined sear pin

I noticed that the OEM parts appear to be upgraded. The TRS looks similar to the one in the Shadow2. The roller is smoother (0.2155” diam). The Disco is coated with a bluish tint.

The results are very nice, but not quite at the level of the full Prograde Kit in my other two 07s, especially in SA. The DA is just different. With the full Prograde Kit the spring rate of the DA pull flattens out after about the last 1/3 of the pull. The OEM DA has a steady increase throughout.

DA: 8#
    SA: 3.25#

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-08-2020 at 08:38 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List