Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shut up that shotgun

Shut up that shotgun

Um....awesome!

Site Supporter
    Slugs?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    A video on Calebs blog has the guy breaking clays. I wish I didn't live in a state where people think it's necessary for gunshots to be ear shattering...

Maybe on a Serbu?

It's cool but at 18 to 32 ounces depending on sections used, I think it's got a very very very limited use, and as gear whore as I am, I'm not buying one.

I would be really interested to know how they get all the shot out of the silencer without a baffle or end cap strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I would be really interested to know how they get all the shot out of the silencer without a baffle or end cap strike.
    I'm probably wrong, but just guessing I'd say the shot is probably still in the cup as it passes thru the can.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I'm probably wrong, but just guessing I'd say the shot is probably still in the cup as it passes thru the can.
    Buckshot of many types does not have a cup. Remington, Winchester, Federal, etc. come to mind.

I don't know how that suppressor is built but a hardened steel cone, like a choke tube, would deal with any shot spread (even though at 2 feet from the muzzle it probably non existent).

There are a couple companies that make extra long shotgun barrels and barrel extensions that will drop the sound into the 70-90 decibel range with regular shells. They're not very practical though, A 6-9 foot shotgun barrel may be okay urban pest control, but won't win any hearts and minds for door breaching.

My understanding is that this replaces the choke and acts as an extended barrel, though obviously with some means of bleeding off the exhaust gases and dissipating the shockwave. Apparently any choke goes on the end of the suppressor.

I want one, mounted on Mossberg 930 cut down to a 14" barrel.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

User Tag List