Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Argument for fiber optics on a carry gun?

Some people have a breakthrough at Rogers, during the night shoot, because white light illuminates whatever sights they have so well, they finally focus on the front sight.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Considering how handy fibers are I said feck it and bought some Dawsons yesterday. While the HDs are awesome the front sight is too damn massive for any accuracy work, and my index is developed enough where sights are largely irrelevant regardless at close distances. Should be an interesting change.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I put a set of Dawson Chargers on my Gen5 G19. Comparatively I shoot it better than my Gen4 G19 with a T-Cap front and Steel rear. I have been shooting IDPA, and various drills found on here. I am faster and more accurate with the Dawson Chargers than the T-Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    I put a set of Dawson Chargers on my Gen5 G19. Comparatively I shoot it better than my Gen4 G19 with a T-Cap front and Steel rear. I have been shooting IDPA, and various drills found on here. I am faster and more accurate with the Dawson Chargers than the T-Cap.
    Are you more accurate in the dark?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

A Dawson red FO front, .095-ish wide paired with the OEM CZ 75 rear sight that has had the dots painted florescent yellow is a winning combination for my 52 year old myopic, astigmatic, and presbyopic eyes.

GJM,

In low light it is the same, if i use my surefire x300, both sets appear black, if i use a handheld i find that the fiber optic is lit up better than the T-cap front. This is a reminder to do some more low light training.

I hate to bring up old info, but as I was going through my site selection, I have finally decided on the Dawson Chargers with Fiber Optic. They are the best choice for me based off the following factors for me.
    1. My carry and competition guns are all set up the same (Sights, trigger Mag release ETC)
    2. Times and Scores are better for me with these than t-cap sights (IDPA matches, VIckers the test, Dot Torture, and various other drills)
    3. Gun stays in holster unless i am using it.
    4. In dim light (garage with ambient light) i can see the fiber well enough during dry fire
    5. More Precise aiming point
    Bottom Line, for me and what I now do, Fibers work for me right now with my eyes. I have transitioned all my glocks (Minus my DPP MOS guns) to the Dawsons.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    I hate to bring up old info, but as I was going through my site selection, I have finally decided on the Dawson Chargers with Fiber Optic. They are the best choice for me based off the following factors for me.
    1. My carry and competition guns are all set up the same (Sights, trigger Mag release ETC)
    2. Times and Scores are better for me with these than t-cap sights (IDPA matches, VIckers the test, Dot Torture, and various other drills)
    3. Gun stays in holster unless i am using it.
    4. In dim light (garage with ambient light) i can see the fiber well enough during dry fire
    5. More Precise aiming point
    Bottom Line, for me and what I now do, Fibers work for me right now with my eyes. I have transitioned all my glocks (Minus my DPP MOS guns) to the Dawsons.
    I'm a huge fan of Dawson sights and, if I have the option, will run a green fiber optic front with a blacked out rear on my pistols. I've found the fiber front is a lot more useful in transitional lighting and a lot more durable than I was originally led to believe by many. I doubt I'll ever use another sighting system other than a red dot on a pistol as it simply just works the best for my vision.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Dawson sights and, if I have the option, will run a green fiber optic front with a blacked out rear on my pistols. I've found the fiber front is a lot more useful in transitional lighting and a lot more durable than I was originally led to believe by many. I doubt I'll ever use another sighting system other than a red dot on a pistol as it simply just works the best for my vision.
    Same. Plus you can get Dawsons that accommodate a milled RMR cut on your slide, in standard or suppressor heights.

If you like the Dawson Charger, look at the Taran Tactical sight. Nearly identical dimensions (115 front instead of 105, same 125 rear notch), but he uses a black nitride coating and stainless billet so your sights should never rust.

User Tag List