Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: comeback of the colt 2000

comeback of the colt 2000

So, someone sent me a link to a Colt 2000 / All American for sale here http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ub...745#Post753745

I thought it was a joke at first...

Is this a thing now? Folks actually seeking out failed older designs in some sort of misguided hipster urge to carry something obscure and temperamental? Did the R51 debacle start a trend?

Colt's decision making process, then and now, really mystifies me.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.

comeback of the colt 2000

Well hopefully if it is a trend, it will make my HP-DA and BDM collectors items on par with my Colt Python.

At least the seller's reasonably honest and straightfoward in his description..

I still remember all the gunrag hype heralding those things...Unfortunately, another rotary barrel kludge...

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

I still remember all the gunrag hype heralding those things...
    So do I. One "gunwriter" in particular, who was (and is to this day) heralded as one of the "true experts", was gushing about the ground-breaking features of this wonderful new pistol, ending the article with the words "I predict we'll be seeing a lot of these pistols in cops' holsters." Right.

The problem there was, not long before reading that drivel I had actually had one of these abortions in my hands; Colt had sent a guy to the Nationals in Jackson with a couple of them for all the PPC shooters to admire.

Needless to say, most of us (many of whom were involved, right then, with our respective agency's deep journey into semi-auto transitioning) were totally underwhelmed with that total POS.

Site Supporter
    There are rumblings about a new double action revolver from Colt in 2015 too. I doubt very much it will closely replicate the Python, but it might still be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by abu fitna View Post
    So, someone sent me a link to a Colt 2000 / All American for sale here http://www.vaguntrader.com/forums/ub...745#Post753745

I thought it was a joke at first...

Is this a thing now? Folks actually seeking out failed older designs in some sort of misguided hipster urge to carry something obscure and temperamental? Did the R51 debacle start a trend?
    People still like the Ruger P Series, so who knows.
    If not me, then who?

Quote Originally Posted by hossb7 View Post

Yes… but they work. And the P94/beyond examples have a decent-feeling grip design.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hossb7 View Post
    Hipster gun design makes you think P-series? I always thought "Steyr"

Because trapezoid sights

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    There are rumblings about a new double action revolver from Colt in 2015 too. I doubt very much it will closely replicate the Python, but it might still be interesting.
    I've always thought that if Colt made some new revolvers and recycled the old names, they'd sell a bunch.

User Tag List