Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 50-100 meter/yards shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    A match barrel may help, but the factory barrels don't seem to shoot too bad. The ancient g-19 I was shooting @ 300 yards would hit the 18" plate pretty consistently. 3-6/10 with Winchester white box was about par. Two hands, standing, kneeling once in a while. One handed once in a while, but less hits. Still, I was surprised how well it shot at distance.
    My reasoning for suggesting the match barrel is due to folks like Kyle Defoor mentioning it cutting group size in half, and @ 50 and beyond that is significant. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ioCWVehtg)

That would be worthwhile, and would make distance shooting more fun.

One of my surprises with the 19 was the so-so 25 yards groups, but it seemed to shoot fairly well at longer distances.

What do the better barrels cost?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A .235 tall front sight. Can't remember if this has been discussed, but I would also put the stock barrel back in.
    Quote Originally Posted by rilumva View Post
    Could you elaborate on this as I am POA/POI @ 25?
    Sorry, I missed the part about you being zeroed at 25. Most of my 17's zero at 25 with HD sights or a .235 front.

Quote Originally Posted by rilumva View Post
    My reasoning for suggesting the match barrel is due to folks like Kyle Defoor mentioning it cutting group size in half, and @ 50 and beyond that is significant. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ioCWVehtg)
    In my experience, the match barrel does more for a Gen 3 than Gen 4 Glock.

What weight ammo are you zeroed with at 25 yards? Are you using the same load for this ongoing experimentation?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I use Warren sights with a fiber front and plain black rear attached to a Gen 3 RTF2 G17 euro spec with a Lone Wolf threaded barrel.

I shoot regular out the box cheap stuff (360m/s..1200ft/s) and some hotter current military 115gr (410m/s...1350ft/s)
    I am POA/POI @ 25m with 115gr ammo (The military type, but haven't considered a difference with the other 115gr stuff as it was the same weight, just slower)

The hit on steel that I got was with the regular 115gr ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

In my experience, the match barrel does more for a Gen 3 than Gen 4 Glock.
    How do that work out with a gen 1?

User Tag List