Thread: I like my 92G Vertec should I convert the 92FS Centurion the same way

I like my 92G Vertec should I convert the 92FS Centurion the same way

Vertec conversion - $180
    FO front sight install - $50
    Supply and install WC Battlesight - $55
    De-horn frame - $75
    Anodize frame Type3 hardcoat Black - $125
    Cerakote all small steel parts - $75

This is the pricelist of what it would cost minus the G Conversion at AGW. Was told its always a good idea to reanodize after major work and its going to need it. It also allows it to be safer for the long haul.

I took off the G conversion due to my wife finally liking the M9 and wanting to have a safety on it. She likes the Vertec G I have but she said she would prefer me to keep it FS. She is still anti 9mm but that is more because she is issued 40sw.

After looking at the price list she asked me if I just wanted to get a compact 92. I told her while I like the 92 EliteII I have I really like my Vertec and shoot it each day I go to the range. Unless its a LEM only.

I would have never done this if I had never shot a Vertec 92 and then got one.

I think I am confused. Is your question whether you should spend a bunch of money on custom modifications on a full size 92, or buy a Compact Beretta as suggested by your wife?

If so, I like the way she thinks, as either choice sounds like a win.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Should I make it custom or not?

I choose the Vetec I found over the 92-L due to it being my grail 92. After shooting it I started to think about making a gun that will always be around with it and thought hey custom 92 sounds good and the Vertec Centurion sounds like something I would keep for a long time and be a carry gun when I want it. When she said maybe a compact I started thinking what would I do with the Centurion?I have a compact what else is needed.

My "holy grail" for a carry gun is a Centurion with a Vertec style upper (dovetailed front and rear sight), G conversion, railed lower.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I just like the look. I do not really need a rail. Fiber up front could be better or worse. Have deployed with m9s abd M11s with no night sights and they were still useable.

The 96g centurion vertec looks nice.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  44.9 KB

User Tag List