Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laser Grips for a S&W 442?

I went with the 105 and have no regrets. The 305 was of no interest to me, and I found the 405 to be harder to draw from dress slacks (my J-frame's primary, and nearly only, role) thanks to the rubber texture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Are you left or right handed? If you are a righty you trigger finger will be in the way of the laser if you are gripping the gun correctly - high as you can.

I find the opposite hand to be the problem; as a left-hander, I've found that my left thumb sometimes obscures the laser path on 105s, 205s and 405s when I grip with my thumb straight, and have to always remember to flex the thumb in order to avoid this.

I have all three of the above Crimson Trace grips on different J-frames, and I really find that the 205 feels most natural in the hand, though as Tam noted, it's unfortunately no longer made. The 405 is certainly the most fully cushioned, and also narrower than the others, and seems to fill the hand (or at least my hand) the best of the available models.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I've got the 105 on a 642 and I am right handed. I've never had any problem with blocking the laser when shooting. If I were doing it all over I'd go with the 305 to get the better grip, but I don't find the 105 to be an issue.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Sorry at work. Nyeti and I actually discussed the poor design of revolver laser grips last time we spoke.

Just look at Craig Spegel Centennial grips. They are designed so you can get high on gun for better leverage.
    playing with a laser grip 642 the 3 finger laser I think its the 405 version. anyway my finger blocked the laser when first trying it out.

I have to tweak my trigger finger hold in order for it to work. or get skinny fingers
    Last edited by Rich; 07-17-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I went with the -105 grips. I can handle the 442 with the stock grips (not a lot of fun, though) and a couple of folks away from here also recommended them for the lessened chance of snagging in a pocket.

Thanks for everyone's opinions. This place is great!

User Tag List