Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Honest Gun-Owning Mom Busted In NJ Could Face 3 Years In Prison

Victory!
    Gov. Christie Pardons Shaneen:
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...shaneen-allen/
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Victory!
    Cody
    Glad he did the right thing... but.. I'd still vote 3rd party.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    This should have happened years ago. The fact that Gov Christie can sit by and continue to allow decent people to have their lives ruined because of stupid laws that were (ostensibly) design to help put real bad people in jail, tells me that he is no friend to gun rights nor liberty in general. I hope I have a much better choice than him from the R party.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Victory!
    Cody

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    This should have happened years ago. The fact that Gov Christie can sit by and continue to allow decent people to have their lives ruined because of stupid laws that were (ostensibly) design to help put real bad people in jail, tells me that he is no friend to gun rights nor liberty in general. I hope I have a much better choice than him from the R party.
    In all fairness, the fact that NJ has poor gun laws isnt his fault.The man is not my favorite either, but credit is due where it is due.

Further, I doubt one of his powers as state governor is "unilaterally changing his constituents' mind overnight on firearms." He cant repeal decades of bad gun laws by himself, especially if its against the prevailing public sentiment.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    In all fairness, the fact that NJ has poor gun laws isnt his fault.The man is not my favorite either, but credit is due where it is due.

Further, I doubt one of his powers as state governor is "unilaterally changing his constituents' mind overnight on firearms." He cant repeal decades of bad gun laws by himself, especially if its against the prevailing public sentiment.
    Obviously, and I'm not saying that he has any such power (come on - you should respect me more than to think I'm that derp), but you know as well as I know that he can put pressure or simply give guidance on how prosecutors and judges should handle such obviously wrong applications of law. Hell, if the current Federal DOJ can pretty much decide to ignore immigration laws as well as a lot of drug laws, I can't see this as too big a leap for Christie. He simply did this so he has a couple 2A arrows in his quiver for the GOP nominations.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Glad he did the right thing... but.. I'd still vote 3rd party.
    Like I was saying.... Statist.

Where's the head-bang smilie?

Chris Christie: I'd Crack Down on Legal Weed in Colorado, Washington as President
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Christie on gun laws - http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...0.html?hp=l2_4

Trying to straddle the fence. He needs to be specifically ask on shall issue, SAFE type laws, AWBs - and the like. Not just I support sportsmen and having a shotgun to shoot in the air from the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Trying to straddle the fence. He needs to be specifically ask on shall issue, SAFE type laws, AWBs - and the like. Not just I support sportsmen and having a shotgun to shoot in the air from the porch.

Why? The answer is already known:

Do you really need anything else? Well, okay. Here ya go, then:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

You guys don't actually believe politicians or that they take principled stands, do you ?

They say what they think will get votes, especially when election season has started.

If Christie was somehow transported to Alaska or Idaho he'd probably be an NRA lifetime member.

Shaneen Allen speaks (starting at ~07:30)

Last edited by Wendell; 12-27-2017 at 08:08 AM.

User Tag List