Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers

Secret City Weaponeers

Searching high and low for the perfect kydex holster meeting my requirement of comfort, versatility, and concealment seemed to be an endless pursuit. It would seem to many that there is no holster that would meet all these requirements. Recently, I was contacted by Tony the owner of Secret City Weaponeers, a company known for leather holsters (as seen on the website). At first, I was curious as to why a leather holster company would contact me when I was specifically looking for kydex. Well long behold, Tony is venturing into the world of kydex. Knowing that the Kydex holster industry is exploding much like the AR industry, I was a bit skeptical thinking it was just like any other Kydex/Raven Concealment product. However, I was wrong.

The company name, Secret City Weaponeers derives from the location of the company, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, a city that supplied enriched uranium for the World War Atomic bomb. SCW is in the process of finalizing plans for the K-25 holster. The “K” denoting for “kydex” and 25 degrees of cant for a VERY discreet IWB use.

Before anyone starts ranting that this is another copy cat of Raven Concealment (believe me, I thought so too), let’s examine the design that differs from Raven Concealment. Being optimized for IWB use, I could tell by the aggressive curve on the front end the holster that it actually hugs the body. Like many others, I have a problem with other kydex holsters “jutting” out of my pants. Anyone with RCS-like holsters know exactly what I am talking about I prefer to carry my holsters at the 3 O’clock position, but in order to conceal, I had to carry at the 2 o’ clock position.

However, it proved problematic when I got into a car or sat down as the holster or gun tended to poke my ribs and stomach. With the K-25 holster, it just may solve that problem! With the curve, one can carry at the 3 or 4 o’clock positions. I have not seen a holster company that aggressively curves the front end holster like so. It appears the K-25 addresses this issue.

Another incredibly neat feature about these holsters is the ability to be used OWB. While the K-25 holster may be optimized for IWB use, Tony kept the platform versatile for OWB use as well. While he told me there were other “secret tricks” that he has shelved that could be used for the holster to aid in IWB comfort, he decided to shelve the “IWB secret tricks” to remain as modular as possible for the K-25 series. Sometime in the future, with enough requests, he will release a holster solely for IWB use that utilizes all these “secret tricks”. I asked him what these trick were…but being from Secret City Weaponeers, he wouldn’t disclose. The company name is very fitting!

The holes are placed purposefully for OWB versatility. Tony adamantly favors MALICE Clips so that the user can wear the holster on a war belt. I remember having to jerry rig my holster to fit onto MOLLE. While it worked great, its great knowing that K-25 is designed so it is readily available for war belt use. Turns out, Blade-Tech MOLLE Loks work too!

Holsters are priced at $67.50, with synthetic IWB loops (they can be un-cut or pre-cut to the users desired belt width) Kydex OWB are offered as well for $7.50 in 1.5” or 1.75”. Colors come in either OD/Black two-tone or Black. Tuckable loops are NOT offered. If the user does want one, the holster can accept tuckable clips from other companies such as Comp-tac. Another huge plus in my book!

As of right now, Tony is only making these for the M&P 9/.40/.357 and Glock 19/23/32, right hand. The K-25 is designed to accommodate M&P’s with a thumb safety and in fact, Tony says that the holster will engage the thumb safety if the user forgets to. Nice touch!

In a few weeks, the Glock 17/22/31 and M&P 45, right hand will be added. No worries left handers! Left hand models soon will be added. Tony is a self proclaimed perfectionist, we all know it takes time to perfect templates for holsters. By the looks of the pictures…he definitely is.

**Note**
    These kydex holsters aren't up on the website...yet...

If interested, there's another lengthy thread on M4C that has a lot of good info, found here M4C SCW thread

K-25

Video of the K-25 in use

K-25 with Mag Pouch

Tony can be contacted at seraph@secretcityweaponeers.com, or isotope7holsters@secretcityweaponeers.com

EDIT: I have NO affiliation with this company nor am I paid. Just spreading the word on what seems like a very promising product!
    Last edited by aboveandbeyond; 07-07-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Y-12

P-Mag Pouch

Some Colors!

New Loops

EDIT: I have NO affiliation with this company nor am I paid. Just spreading the word on what seems like a very promising product!
    Come on man.

Hello. A friend, and fellow holster maker, just pointed me at this thread. I'm sorry to say I didn't know previously of the existence of this forum. In any case, while this isn't the way I'd prefer to make my first post here, I thought I'd hop in, to point out the the member who posted this thread is, in fact, not me, and not in any way affiliated with my company, which currently employs all of two people. I will say that I suspect I know who he is, and, if I'm right, he's a customer of mine (one of the first, and moreover a repeat customer). Some of the information provided above is slightly outdated, but I appreciate the enthusiasm for my wares.

Edit> I just noticed the video. Now, I'm sure I was right about the identity of the OP.

I'll vouch for Tony of Secret City Weaponeers, for what's that's worth.

I found him on M4C as well ... you'll see I've posted in the thread linked above ... and have exchanged e-mails with him a good bit. We have tried a couple of times to get together for a pizza & beer when I'm back home in E. TN but haven't quite worked it out yet with our schedules.

His K-25 I tried was VERY well made. I found it quite comfortable and it was probably as well molded (or better) than any other kydex maker I've seen/tried thus far. That's a pretty bold statement as I've tried tons. In the end the K-25 cant (at 25 degrees) was more than I personally care for so I moved on. It would be great for someone that wears their rig behind the hip, farther back than 3-4 o'clock.

I was pleased when Tony released the Y-12 (at 12 degrees) so I could get something that would work better for me. I am sitting my the mailbox each day waiting for mine to arrive. I got the exact thing in the pic above ... G19 IWB light carrier in gray.

Here's a pic of a G19 in the K-25.
    Last edited by VolGrad; 07-08-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rains on Parades View Post
    Come on man.
    Hah I'm really not affiliated with SCW. In no way am I under the employment of Tony's business. If I was, the review would be considerably more lengthy and the video quality much better.

Some of info may be a bit out-dated as the holsters aren't malice compatible anymore unless requested.

Waiting until I finally get my Y-12 to write up a newer review with up to date features.

Yep, I'm aflin on M4C!

Just reading here and on the other forums, sounds like a good rig for a decent price. The design kind of reminds me a little of a MS VMII, but in kydex, not to take away from the designer of course. I'd like to see a Y-12 with the 12 degree cant rather then 25 degrees. I had also heard mention of a possible AIWB holster at one time (correct me if I'm wrong, could have been another maker), anything on that?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    I'd like to see a Y-12 with the 12 degree cant rather then 25 degrees.
    The Y-12 is 12 degrees.
    The K-25 is 25 degrees.
    The # in the name says it all.

Re: the AIWB ... curious too. I'm sure Tony will chime in but I know the health issues with his daughter side-tracked him quite a bit so the AIWB project might have been shelved for a bit.

I wear the K-25 every day. I own most major kydex brands and will tell you this is my favorite out of the bunch. It conceals better than any other brand and model I've tried and that's due to the aggressive cant and the design of the holster. I'm in no way affiliated with SCW or Tony and am just a happy customer.

I got to try a K25 a few months ago. Very nice holster, my only "gripe" was the aggressive cant which I did not care for.

User Tag List