Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Best night sights for VP9/P30?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I agree with the Wilson Vickers sights.

Really like the green front and yellow rears. Best night sight setup for the vp9/p30 in my opinion. I ratios work well for the p30L.

I also like 10-8 for fiber. .140 rear and .115 front.
    Rear tritium on the Wilson/Vickers for the HK are yellow? Three green dots messes with my mind in low light. Yellow would solve that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes they are yellow. Excellent sights for the vp9/p30.

I have 10-8 sights, tritium front and black rear. I painted the front sight post with a paint pen and it works well for me. I’m contemplating getting some of the Ledge sights Todd ran on his P30.

Crappy pic of my sights:

Attachment 28966
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

The 10-8 rear and tritium front has become my favorite sights and what I have on my P30.
    I bought the gun with these already installed and really didn’t think I would like them. That changed with the first range trip though.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I like the Trijicon HD-XR front paired with a Wilson Vickers Battlesight rear.
    High visibility front with a lower profile contoured rear.

Attachment 26906Attachment 26907
    That does seem like a great setup. Does anyone know if they make that same rear sight except square notch instead of U notch? Not a deal breaker but that's one thing I would change if possible

As far as I know, all of Wilson's rear sights have the U-notch. Dawson Precision has some that I think might be more to your liking.

I personally have Wilsons on both of my P30Ls. My "target" P30L V3 has a flat black rear and green FO front, which I'm considering changing to red. I also bought EVP's P30L V1 that he had outfitted with Wilson night sights, and I like them a fair bit too. The less distinct white outlines on the Wilsons compared to Ameriglo/Trijicon sets I've had in the past seems to help, and the subtle color difference is nice for low light (not that it matters much since it wears an X300U almost constantly).

One thing I'll note - Wilson's sights are actually set up for a "top of the front post" zero at 15 yards instead of a "drive the dot," according to a discussion I had with their support line before I outfitted my V3 with them.

That said, I'm strongly considering a set of suppressor-height sights at some point since I've got a threaded barrel headed my way whenever HK gets them in. I'll probably consider the Heinie Slant Pros once I decide which gun is going to wear the threaded barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Yes they are yellow. Excellent sights for the vp9/p30.
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User Tag List