Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best night sights for VP9/P30?

Quote Originally Posted by XXXsilverXXX View Post
    But maybe some of us like the factory mepro...
    I certainly do-and I've gotten them as OEM sights by choice on both my VP40 and P30L. They provide a very viable day- and night-sight picture in my opinion.

I find them to be eminently acquirable, and both of my HK achieve POA = POI. They're also comfortable to carry, not having the sharp/protrusive edges that I've seen some criticism on regarding the Trijicon HDs.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 04-11-2017 at 03:17 PM.

I left the factory Mepro rear on my P30 and replaced the front with a .125W Dawson tritium sight (.155T). Same height and POA as stock sights, just a narrower front sight blade. I sharpied over the rear sight dots. In daytime, all I notice is the white ring around the front sight. But in lowlight or at night, I can still make out all 3 tritium dots, albeit the back ones are just dimmer.
    Shoot more, post less...

For me a 10-8 .140 rear with their matching .110 fiber front is pretty ideal. I would prefer even a .100 but would have to go Dawson's route front for that. Dawson's fiber is brighter due to less obstruction but I rather have the 10-8s for carry plus I don't find it that detrimental. It is still plenty bright for me.

As for night sights, I prefer the ratio of 10-8 rear and a .125 tritium front. Heinies would work too. Trijicon HDs are to sharp for me and they are wider then I prefer. Have no experience with the new Vickers sights but people seem to like them. Wilsons sights also have 2 dot rear option.
    Last edited by EVP; 04-11-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks, I'd forgotten about that compilation.

Is anyone using Truglo TFX frontsights? Thoughts?

Rich, two things come to mind for me. I'm 68 and THE sight color for me (front sight) is ORANGE. I thought it was because orange was always my favorite color, but, for MY eyes, orange is the one! The second thing is about TRUGLO TFX PROS. I had them on my SIG P320 C and absolutely loved them. Now, none of this is scientific (no "poles"&#128521, just my personal experience and opinion. YMMDV (your mileage may DEFINITELY vary).

I went ahead and put the glow in the dark HK sights back on. I'm mulling over just painting my rears black, but am on the hunt for a ideas on a good front sight. High on the shopping list are Orange color, highly visible, and a manageable price for two. Also need zero change in POI, so stock height. I'd love it if there was a balance for CCW and USPSA, since I'd want the same sight for my EDC P30SK as well as competition VP9.
    Well, worth a shot for $2 at WalMart:

Name:  pic.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  13.1 KB

I cleaned and then painted right over the glow in the dark dot. I like the orange color, seems bright enough. The "medium" tip of the Paint Pen allowed me to put just a dot of paint on the front sight.

Will see how this goes.

Best night sights for VP9/P30?

Well, worth a shot for $2 at WalMart:

Forgot to add: Appreciate Chuck_Whitlock for the suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 04-11-2017 at 09:36 PM.

I like the .150 10-8 rear with a .115 dawson fiber front. As a side note the fiber front went on without much trouble.

Site Supporter

Rich, I've another suggestion that I borrowed from Dave Spaulding. I used neon orange duct tape on my Glock G30-S. Cost me $2.99 @Wal-Mart - about a million sight apps per roll. I put it over top of my Ameriglos because even though the Ameriglos were great at night, I needed more in the daytime. So, I punched a hole in the tape "square" (to allow the tritium to shine through) I had cut and voila - I was GTG. Amazing how that tape sticks, even while cleaning.

I'm just passing on good info I got from someone else....most likely on this forum.......that happened to work out for me. Hopefully it works for you, too.
    I seem to recall you saying something about reapplying the Sharpie to the rears.......if you like the effect but not the intervals, a black paint pen like the orange one ought to do the trick.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Try number two...bought two more colors, black and the 'Bright Orange'.

Did the rear sights in black. I think this is better than the sharpie and will last longer.

The Bright Orange is, well, brighter and I think I see it even better.

User Tag List