Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volund Atlas Cobra Belt for AIWB Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Does the cobra buckle add to much girth when carrying AIWB in a JMCK holster and a reload.
    Like Orion and MSparks say, offset the buckle, it'll do fine. I do that with an Ares cobra belt, which is actually thicker than an Atlas, due to how the Ares belt stacks itself through the keeper under the buckle. Atlas cobra, the buckle's attached to an end of the belt, not over an end of the belt. I've one on the way right now, and am wholly confident it'll be fine.

TAZ, I'm wearing a Shaggy with a G-hook belt most of the time, and have a split-loop JM for my G19. If you literally can't pull yours through by simply adding oomph, your loop is likely off-size. I have more trouble getting it through the standard loops of an OWB Blade-Tech holster, but even that's a simple matter of feeding through one side then the other, instead of both at once.

I have an Atlas g-hook and wear a Shaggy. It is by far my favorite belt. I have never been able to warm up to offsetting the "buckle" of any belt, including the good ole Wilderness and HSGI Cobra. Just doesn't work for me.

The ends of my Atlas meet at centerline, plus or minus, and I have no problem threading the belt through the kydex loop of the Shaggy.

User Tag List