Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: No charges for Erick Gelhaus

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Speaking of yelling at the guy to drop the Kalashnikov...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

It appears that, per the Ninth Circuit, Deputy Gelhaus isn't out of the woods yet. It beggars the imagination that the lawyers are straining at gnats over exactly how directly the apparent weapon must be pointed towards the officer before he can react effectively. Sheeesh!

http://www.guns.com/2017/05/13/calif...ource=facebook
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    It appears that, per the Ninth Circuit, Deputy Gelhaus isn't out of the woods yet. It beggars the imagination that the lawyers are straining at gnats over exactly how directly the apparent weapon must be pointed towards the officer before he can react effectively. Sheeesh!

They will lose. I support Erick.
    #RESIST

What'd you expect? It's the 9th. The most overturned, fucked up circuit court in the nation.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/02/09...urned-court-us
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

SCOTUS has been very clear. The standard is objective reasonableness, and the 9th Circuit is attempting to insert a mechanical application into their reasoning.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    What'd you expect? It's the 9th. The most overturned, fucked up circuit court in the nation.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/02/09...urned-court-us
    Yes you would think the geniuses at the 9th would have a clear understanding of the action vs reaction concept as every dumb action they take is quickly reversed. Hopefully it gets cleared up quickly. The stress of waiting for decisions weighs heavily.

The circus strikes again
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Yes you would think the geniuses at the 9th would have a clear understanding of the action vs reaction concept as every dumb action they take is quickly reversed. Hopefully it gets cleared up quickly. The stress of waiting for decisions weighs heavily.
    I think the 9th is a Neo Cultural Marxist intimidation court. Much like the SJW's screaming 'racist' or 'misogynist', and screaming down anyone who confronts their delusional agenda - in the attempt to intimidate others into self-censorship. They (the 9th) know they'll be overturned, but, people won't want to (or sometimes won't be able to) deal with the hassle of having to go through the process and begin to self censor, self regulate, self enforce their 'doctrines from the bench'. They're being overturned regularly *now*, but what if the Hildabeast had appointed a SCJ? and then another in a couple of years? Most likely some of their flung horse poop would begin sticking for real. They're delusional but not crazy. It's a Court of Deliberate Undermining.

The point of that ramble? Never underestimate the enemy.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

It's been 3 years since the DA called it good shooting, and Gelhaus is still swinging in the wind.

Looks to me like he has a long row to hoe, and/or the family is hoping to wear him down for some kind of settlement without going to trial.

And of course the Ninth Circuit is putting their shoulder to the wheel to keep the litigation in play.

Typical crap.

It's been 3 years since the DA called it good shooting, and Gelhaus is still swinging in the wind.

Looks to me like he has a long row to hoe, and/or the family is hoping to wear him down for some kind of settlement without going to trial.

And of course the Ninth Circuit is putting their shoulder to the wheel to keep the litigation in play.

Typical crap.
    I think the family is desperate for a payout.
    #RESIST

User Tag List