Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: "Lack of support" for a given pistol?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Wow - two SIRTs? Do you dry fire dual-wielding? I'm envisioning you recreating the bar scene from "Desperado" with the SIRTs...
    Maybe the Chow Yun Fat dual wielding while sliding down the banister of a stair case from Hard Boiled? Though I don't see the requisite toothpick.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Wow - two SIRTs? Do you dry fire dual-wielding? I'm envisioning you recreating the bar scene from "Desperado" with the SIRTs...
    The first SIRT (metal) was given to me as a gift.
    The second SIRT (plastic) was being sold by a forum member. The price was too good to pass up, and I was curious to try out the plastic version.

The metal one wears Warrens, like my G17.
    The plastic one wears Ameriglos, like my preferred G19. I also cut the grip on it to G19 size (might be hard to tell from the photo, but that's a G19 mag seated in it).

Sometimes I dry fire with one, sometimes the other. The weight difference between the two is pretty significant, so I also let that guide how I use them (for example, I wouldn't smack someone with the metal one during FoF, but don't have that concern with the plastic one).

I also like having a "loaner" on hand for those impromptu "let's try something new," or "let's test your theory" moments.

I shamefully admit that I've never tried dual-wielding, or recreating wild movie scenes, but now I'll probably do it just for some fun.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I shamefully admit that I've never tried dual-wielding, or recreating wild movie scenes, but now I'll probably do it just for some fun.
    You need to test that in AMIS with some airsoft guns. Between dual wielding and your Gumby flexibility you should be able to upgrade to shooting dudes like me in both testicles at the same time.
    3/15/2016

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Don't hate.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    I've yet to come across a high volume Ruger shooter. Not to say such a beast doesn't exist but I would hazard a guess it's a rare thing.
    I know one.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    I know one.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    I know one.
    I don't believe we've met.

For me part of the fun of this lifestyle/hobby is to be able to personalize my pistol.
    I put an Apex sear in my 9mm Shield and added Talon Grips. The gun would be fine
    without these additions but now it's even better. I got a Ruger SR22 pistol and was
    disappointed that there were not many "upgrades" other than a steel guide rod.
    I'm a computer geek as well and the big thing in computers is "overclocking" You speed up the
    processor and memory to over the rated speed which causes excessive heat which means
    you need to buy aftermarket cooling systems. Then you need to upgrade the video card, Etc...
    For me that's part of my computer geek fun. I could buy a Mac that would function but that I can't
    upgrade it and overclock it like a PC so it doesn't interest me.
    Some people will never even know that aftermarket support is available for guns in general.
    Some people will require aftermarket support to even consider a particular brand. Or some will
    be like me where I like having aftermarket support and will use it if I feel it will enhance my fun/experience.
    But if I like a particular gun like the SR22, Aftermarket support was not even a thought at the time I bought it.

User Tag List