Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deciding on an HK

Deciding on an HK

Oddly, I had never handled a post-USP H&K polymer pistol. My LGS doesn't have many come through. On a lark I stopped and played with a P30s. I feel like you guys have been keeping something from me. It was really neat. I thought the DA pull was fine, I had no issues with trigger reach even with a medium backstrap, and the decocker was... Ok. The safety was not great -- easily operated but not built for riding.

I loved it, and I thought the size was perfectly practical for carry. Now, should I:
    Get a TDA p30, which would be my first serious TDA, partially to learn that discipline
    Get an LEM P30
    Or wait for the VP

This gun will be carried aiwb and at 3:00. It will be shot a lot, and taken to at least one class in the next 6 months. I don't mind an uphill battle and I don't currently compete (and have lots of other guns to do so with if I like). There's nothing wrong with my Glock, 1911s, or P35 and I don't expect this gun to do anything they don't. I just think it's cool.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I moved from a 1911 to a P30 LEM. My suggestion would be that if you are going to keep doing any kind of shooting with the single action triggers then choose the VP9. Just be extra careful with the short trigger on it while carrying AIWB.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Do you have a lot of money? If yes then buy the P30LEM today and the VP9 tomorrow....

If not, wait for the VP9...but beware, the price of a P30 is either going to seriously increase, or decrease because the popularity of the VP9. Has an HK ever got cheaper... IMO P30=USP Expert in terms of $$$ because of decreased production in favor of the VP but who knows, maybe it will bust

I like the LEM so if you got the $$, buy it. Just a smooth medium trigger....

But if you like your P35..you'll like the P30S, carry it C/L it's like a modern day HP.

If you carry AIWB, P30 V1 without hesitation nor second guessing.

Good point, seconds, but there's a theory that tlg advanced that reliance on one trigger type is limiting. Learning the TDA or LEM might be worth doing in and of itself. Nwhp, I love my p35, but its safety is placed appropriately. HK doesn't seem to understand where a safety goes.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Good point, seconds, but there's a theory that tlg advanced that reliance on one trigger type is limiting. Learning the TDA or LEM might be worth doing in and of itself. Nwhp, I love my p35, but its safety is placed appropriately. HK doesn't seem to understand where a safety goes.
    TLG is correct, my trigger control greatly improved by going to the LEM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I'm a little excited by the fact that I can reach the trigger in DA. That doesn't work for me with SIGs, berettas, or CZs.
    Ignore Alien Orders

May not be a factor, but factory P30 LEM and DA/SA stock triggers suck compared to the VP9 stock trigger.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That's what I found interesting. I didn't think it sucked that much. Might have been just that one I guess.

Besides, I have good triggers. I have some that are probably a lot better than the VP9.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Who was keeping the P30 a big secret???? I guess you have me on ignore.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List