Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 range report.

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    For what it's worth, I had a chance to observe one of the Stealth Team Sig GM's shooting the P320 full-size at the Oregon State match this weekend. He was shooting appreciably slower than what I would define as a GM pace on all varieties of targets. Whether that means he was out of practice or the gun was not tracking well for him is a question I don't have an answer to, but it was interesting.
    Very interesting. After dry firing the 320 FS with the Robert Burke trigger, I was convinced it would be a great shooter. Very disappointed relative to my expectation -- not in the trigger but how it cycled. And, I was equally surprised, in the other direction, by how well the 320 Compact shot relative to the FS, and a Glock 17. Between your observation, and other things said, I think my experience with the Compact vs the FS was not an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    GJM, after looking at other P320's, I believe that mine is still the older style. I was somehow under the impression that the release of the Compacts also debuted the newer takedown release.
    GT, I learned something from you. Two of my three, have the #2 trigger, and all appear to have the same takedown lever, which I am assuming is the old one.

Initially, I was pretty nonplussed by the modularity of the 320. Now I think it is a darn good feature -- both in the ability to switch modules as a field expedient repair and to configure the exact upper and lower you want. I am toying with the idea of getting a Carry, so I can have the FS grip I prefer for shooting, and the C slide which seems to cycle better.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    My NIB P320 SC has the new takedown lever and the new trigger with 2 stamped on the back. My left thumb fits in the taper on the takedown lever.
    Guess I'm making a road trip to Columbus and buying a 320c.

Thanks for answering my questions guys, my wallet hates you all...

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Guess I'm making a road trip to Columbus and buying a 320c.

Thanks for the tips, my wallet hates you all...
    Just an FYI, those $425 P320 Compacts Vance's have do not have night sights. Ask me how I know.

For what it's worth, I had a chance to observe one of the Stealth Team Sig GM's shooting the P320 full-size at the Oregon State match this weekend. He was shooting appreciably slower than what I would define as a GM pace on all varieties of targets. Whether that means he was out of practice or the gun was not tracking well for him is a question I don't have an answer to, but it was interesting.
    Kind of hard to compare without knowing how fast he shoots with other guns.

Anyways here is Yong shooting the section match up your way:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Also apparently the Sig rep stopped in the same LGS last week. He said they can't keep up with orders and if they get some government contract the 320's will become unobtanium. Is there a major govt contract up for bid now or in the near future?
    The 320 FS was recently selected by the TX and OK Highway Patrols and DHS/ ICE has a solicitation out for testing new duty guns to replace our P229R DAK 40's. The SOW specifies a 15 round striker fired 9mm so the 320 Compact will be a prime contender.

It looks like he might be working at training back up to speed, but all his GM level scores are from the 09/10 time frame. FWIW.

t

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    You folks are forcing me to order a 320....just need to decide compact or full size. I'm leaning compact.
    Because of the "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" from this thread, I picked up a 320 Compact 9mm over the weekend. It is very accurate and handles well. The modular aspect of the pistol works great for NJ since a separate permit must be appliled for, for every pistol one owns. I wear a L to XL sized glove and may experiment with the large grip.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The 320 FS was recently selected by the TX and OK Highway Patrols and DHS/ ICE has a solicitation out for testing new duty guns to replace our P229R DAK 40's. The SOW specifies a 15 round striker fired 9mm so the 320 Compact will be a prime contender.
    Source for the TX DPS selection? Not doubting you (I knew they were testing it), just looking for other confirmation, since the OK selection is on SIG's FB page.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    Source for the TX DPS selection? Not doubting you (I knew they were testing it), just looking for other confirmation, since the OK selection is on SIG's FB page.
    My sources within TX DPS. It is also discussed in another thread here in PF and on SIG forum. As you likely know, TX DPS conducted a new round of handgun testing this year subsequent to their M&P roll out issues. The Glock 17 gen 4 and the HK VP9 also passed the testing, however the SIG P320 was selected. My best guess is that Glock and HK are protesting the selection and you won't see a formal announcement by SIG until the process is complete.

Are there enough numbers in these contracts to interrupt civilian supply of P320's?
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

User Tag List