Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 range report.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFgoober View Post
    Thanks for the review. I recently picked up a 320C and had similar results to yours through my first 600 rounds. Hardly a torture test in round count, but enough for me to get a feel for how I like this gun. And so far I'm a big fan.

As far as the peening issues...mine looks similar to the pictures you posted with some symmetrical finish wear on the rear corners of the barrel hood, but no actual deforming of the metal. It appears cosmetic in nature with no detriment to function. It doesn't seem to have gotten any worse than it was after the first 100 or 200 rounds, but I intend to keep an eye on it. Trigger bite hasn't gotten me, but thats probably due to differences hand size, etc. The only "issue" i've encountered is two failures of the slide to lock back. The 320's slide stop lever is located exactly where my strong hand thumb naturally sits.

Otherwise, the gun has been great for me. Its been noticeably more accurate in my hands than my G17, M&P, XD, or M9. It has fed, fired, and extracted perfectly with various types/weights of factory ammo, although I have yet to try Tula or any other steel cased. It's also proved to be very concealable. At first I was hesitant as it looked pretty chunky in size, but it carries much like a G19 and I can conceal it easily with just a t-shirt and a good IWB holster.

One last note - if anyone owns a 320 and hasn't yet detail stripped the slide...be very careful with the striker assembly. If you manipulate the firing pin safety lever (which is integral to the striker assembly) a little too recklessly, then you're going to send a little spring flying across the room. Its an easy re-install, but finding that spring was no fun.
    I agree. I was aware of the small spring before I took mine apart, but it wouldn't be fun to find if you lost it.

What is the barrel/slide lock up like on your 320 when it's in battery? Is the rear portion of the top of the barrel (hood) flush with the top of the slide? I read at SigForum about a malfunction. The lock up is in question, at least in my mind. Thanks.

The rear part of the barrel hood on my 320C is perfectly flush with the top of the slide when in battery.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFgoober View Post
    The rear part of the barrel hood on my 320C is perfectly flush with the top of the slide when in battery.
    That makes sense to me. I assume that's the way a good lock-up should be on any semi-auto. But not all 320s appear to have that lockup. As a potential purchaser of the 320, it's definitely something I will have to check for. (I always took it for granted previously.)

Quote Originally Posted by iGuy View Post
    SIG didn't have a tube of TW25B lube with the pistol? They used to provide it with their pistols. It's supposed to the recommended lube - by SIG that is. I am trying a product called FIREClean. It's a CLP, feels good after the application, but I haven't seen how it holds up yet.
    In all the Sig Pistol info I've required throughout the years they say to use just oil ! Even in there cleaning video's. My handgun didn't come with the TW25B.

I'm also aware that at the elephant sperm website they state TW25B is approved by sig. could be there carbines/rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew7654 View Post
    What is the barrel/slide lock up like on your 320 when it's in battery? Is the rear portion of the top of the barrel (hood) flush with the top of the slide? I read at SigForum about a malfunction. The lock up is in question, at least in my mind. Thanks.
    mine isn't flush with the top of the slide.

I can't post pictures, but mine looks exactly like this photo: http://www.gunnuts.net/wp-content/up...L-1024x808.jpg

The rear part of the barrel hood is flush with the top of the slide, and slopes down from there so that the front of the barrel hood is not flush. I'm not sure if the full-sized slides are any different in this regard since I only have the carry model. Slide to barrel lockup is very tight in mine, noticeably more so than my G17 Gen4 and M&P9.

How do they handle the three different frame sizes (sml, med, lrg) - i.e. do all of them sell in large and you have the option of getting small or medium after the fact, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by d50 View Post
    How do they handle the three different frame sizes (sml, med, lrg) - i.e. do all of them sell in large and you have the option of getting small or medium after the fact, etc?
    Right now I believe all of them ship with the medium frame. It would be nice if down the road they give you the option of choosing the frame size you want so you don't have to spend $45 to get the correct size then have a medium sized frame laying around that probably no one will ever want.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Right now I believe all of them ship with the medium frame. It would be nice if down the road they give you the option of choosing the frame size you want so you don't have to spend $45 to get the correct size then have a medium sized frame laying around that probably no one will ever want.
    See, most of my interest in these is to have an option for really small handed shooters. That's gonna be tough to evaluate if they don't distribute them that way. Dern.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List