Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 range report.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    I just got brought up to speed on the P320 and have the latest armorers manual, which of course may get revisions, and I wanted to relay the most correct information that I have at this time. Just to clear up anything I may have said earlier, the Striker assembly and the sear housing assembly will both come as complete "drop in" replacement units or as individual components. The confusion may have come from the armorers manual as it denotes that these two assemblies are not "armorer level" maintenance, but rather "depot level" maintenance. This was inclusive for the military submission, however it will be trained as an armorer level task outside of any military contracts that may arise and my manual states this.

I have handled, torn apart, reassembled, the P320 with a lot of repetition, however I have ironically yet to fire the pistol outside of the Range Day at SHOT show. I have my spare grip module here, but still waiting on my pistol from the factory. Should be here around the end of the month and I hope to get some quality time behind the pistol and then I will be able to give a better impression of it.
    Also looking forward to your thoughts...maybe a video of the FAST with it?

Tam, thank you for the update. That's the info I am looking for.

Picked up a g19 but p320 is on my radar

Any updates from Surf or anybody putting some serious rounds downrange with this thing yet? I'm really curious from shooters that are putting some real time in with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It appears to be hitting atop the sight blade at 3 and 7. All I've shot further than that is unpainted steel. I want to bench it at 25.
    Mine is hitting two inches high with 147 grainers at that distance, and an inch low with 124 +P.

Quote Originally Posted by TElmer2 View Post
    Any updates from Surf or anybody putting some serious rounds downrange with this thing yet? I'm really curious from shooters that are putting some real time in with them.
    I have not got mine from the factory yet, supposed to be shipped out the end of this month. I did however shoot about 3 mags through one this past monday.

@ 5 yards dot on dot it was hitting high about 1" and needed some windage adjustment. New sights on order. Trigger was good but felt a bit inconsistent. Definitely feels in the ball park with the VP9 and PPQ but not as good as my G17 that has some work in it. I really dont like a harder reset unlike many that do. Too early to really say much at this point and to be fair I should acclimate myself on the pistol a bit first. It is promising however.

The guy who owns the pistol is one of my instructors, both he and another instructor of mine both got theirs and they both really like the pistol. I just didn't get mine yet.

Thank you for the update. Hope you get a little more time on the gun. I'm just doing "market research" for myself per se; so good info like this is very helpful.

I recently got a Sig 320 Compact in 9mm, and got a chance to shoot it for the first time today. Here are some impressions, with the caveat that I have shooter's elbow so bad in my left elbow, I am only shooting now with my right hand. Very accurate, and my first five shots at 7 yards went into one large hole. Recoil is modest. Factory trigger is heavy but quite shootable. Sights are regulated POA/POI in elevation (and I always tweak rear sights to my eyes). Seems like 147 AE hits a tad higher than 124+P Gold Dots.

One hand, I could shoot it easier slow fire precision and fast Bill drills closer, than my Glock 19, and I have been doing a bunch of Glock shooting lately. I love that the 320 essentially doubles as a SIRT trainer, since the trigger moves through the same motion as if cocked, with the striker released. The noise sounds enough like a SIRT, that my dog, who is SIRT crazy, comes running to the sound of it being dry fired. I just tell her no laser, to make her go away.

After the Glock, I think this is THE striker pistol. I am tempted to send it off the Bruce Gray or Robert Burke for a carry trigger job. I am also thinking .357 Sig for Alaska carry this summer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

While I would still stick with Glock for now due to parts and holster availability, the P320 is growing on me, particularly the Compact model, as it is very G19 like in size. The new take down lever and slide stop help. There are now P320's out in the wild with RDS on them. If Sig keeps quality up and increases parts availability, the P320 could find its way into a lot of holsters--a year from now should prove interesting...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

[QUOTE=DocGKR;315856]While I would still stick with Glock for now due to parts and holster availability, the P320 is growing on me, particularly the Compact model, as it is very G19 like in size. The new take down lever and slide stop help. There are now P320's out in the wild with RDS on them. If Sig keeps quality up and increases parts availability, the P320 could find its way into a lot of holsters--a year from now should prove interesting...[/QUOTE

Sig rep at NRA Annual Meeting who was putting this away said it would be a factory option.
    No further detail, i.e., whether the "option" would be Sig's RDS, or a slide cut for a generic.
    He seemed to be in a hurry to get it off display, not sure why.
    OTOH, he was not averse to having me take a picture of it, so it cant be a secret.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The new take down lever and slide stop help.
    Are these in the wild yet?

User Tag List