Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Sig P320 range report.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Seriously, how is the SIG Ammo working out?
    I'm curious about that as well. Sunday I shot some of their "elite performance" IIRC .357 Sig ammo, the 125 gr FMJ and it appears to be ridiculously good in the precision department.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm curious about that as well. Sunday I shot some of their "elite performance" IIRC .357 Sig ammo, the 125 gr FMJ and it appears to be ridiculously good in the precision department.
    I also have shot their 124gr JHP, but using a competition loading, it is a very accurate bullet. In fact I will be shooting these bullets for much of the 2016 season.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

I'm just starting to shoot USPSA Production, as I usually shoot a local outlaw league. I'm trying to figure out what I can or cannot do under divisional rules and I'd greatly appreciate some guidance.

In regards to Surf's grip frame mods (post 344)- Per 22.5, the magwell may be more than 1/4" greater than the mag, measured front to back, and no external flaring it allowed. It is silent regarding side to side clearance. Does this mean I can flare the magwell as Surf did, as there is no external flaring? Also, is it legal to sand the frame lower around the lanyard hole, also as Surf did?

I'm assuming I cannot lower the molding around the mag release (post 366) but 21.4 doesn't specifically address it. I suppose it is kind of an end run around 21.6 limiting extended mag releases?

Thanks!
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quick update: my Grayguns 320 hit 17000 rounds and started having stovepipes. I replaced the extractor, which was quite worn (should have replaced it earlier). The gun has run perfectly for over 1k rounds now.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Does anyone have any new info on the competition model?, havent heard a peep since they showed the prototypes in the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Dunno about the accuracy; the only cartridge of "Sig Elite" ammunition I've fired at distance was some .357 Sig out of a USPc. It was excellent... but then, everything I've ever shot in that caliber had two common denominators... Amazing long range accuracy, and totally obnoxious muzzle blast.

OTOH, not long before this cancer crap snatched me away from the lab, we shot a half-dozen caliibers of the stuff into the water tank... And it was pitiful.

ALL the bullets broke up almost every time, did not have the slightest bit of expansion conformity when they DID stay together, and in general was just a massive waste of our time. Whoever is producing that crap for Sig needs to read the play books for HST and/or SXT.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I'm just starting to shoot USPSA Production, as I usually shoot a local outlaw league. I'm trying to figure out what I can or cannot do under divisional rules and I'd greatly appreciate some guidance.

In regards to Surf's grip frame mods (post 344)- Per 22.5, the magwell may be more than 1/4" greater than the mag, measured front to back, and no external flaring it allowed. It is silent regarding side to side clearance. Does this mean I can flare the magwell as Surf did, as there is no external flaring? Also, is it legal to sand the frame lower around the lanyard hole, also as Surf did?

I'm assuming I cannot lower the molding around the mag release (post 366) but 21.4 doesn't specifically address it. I suppose it is kind of an end run around 21.6 limiting extended mag releases?

Thanks!
    You can't lower the around the mag release. The shape of the magazine release needs the depth that's there or it will hang up. You can get an extended magazine release from Springer Precision. There is a ruling from DNROI that says it's the same as factory profile so it's good to go as long as it's not more than 0.10" longer.

Regarding the magwell, your assessment is correct. Front to back is justified. Side to side is a gray area. My experience has been that as long as you don't flare out and keep everything internal then you will be okay. As an example I saw Revolution Concepts at Production Nationals. His P320 was completely hogged out front to back and side to side. It was way further than I would go since when you make the walls too thin the grip will take a lot of damage from reload practice. Anyway, as radical as that was I don't think the chrono station batted an eye. Perhaps your local chrono guy would make an issue. I have done just front to back jobs for the more risk averse. I do think that removing the hump from the inside front helps a lot, as does ramping off the back.

Alma, thanks for the help!

I went ahead and heavily flared the interior of the mag well, pretty much identical to Surf's mod. Had an all classifier special today, MD said I was good to go for production. Regarding the mag release, can you elaborate on support? I've done one frame (that I screwed up in other areas and have since relegated to practicing texture) where I lowered the shelf on the button side only. No apparent mechanical issues with it hanging up. Was this by sheer luck?

Finally- I was shooting with Mason Lane and got a chance to finger bang his production gun, which has one of your frames. I'm seriously debating trying my hand at grit/glue if Sig doesn't get the Target model rolling soonish.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List