Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 range report.

Any timeline on the updated take down levers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasage View Post
    Any timeline on the updated take down levers?
    My contact at Sig says they are in the works, but still doesn't have a definitive release date yet.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Anyone have an opinion on the subcompact vs a 26 or a M&P9C?

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    My contact at Sig says they are in the works, but still doesn't have a definitive release date yet.

TXPO
    Did your contact mention when me might see a thumb safety?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I'm becoming really enamored with the 320 I picked up. The thumb safety would make it perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    We talked about that version when he came by the department a few weeks ago. He said he isn't sure when it will be out either.

Now imagine the P290 with the 320 trigger setup....It's coming

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Here is my new P320 CA 9mm straight off the truck. Had to wait a bit for it being an LE gun three mags and night sights, coming direct from SIG. It also interestingly enough has the "adverse" trigger in it. This is supposed to eliminate the trigger slap problems some folks were having. I never experienced it with any of the 320's I shot, but it nice to have it in there all the same.

I wanted the new Carry model as I prefer a longer grip. As you can see I reworked my G19 grip to add material on the backstrap to make it longer. The area between where the web of the hand and the bottom of the grip is almost the same on these two frames. The 320 compact frame is actually a hair shorter than my modified G19 frame. The compact was fine, but there isn't enough difference between the carry and compact frame for my use. It's also nice to have two extra rounds on board. Overall, it isn't a huge difference in size between it and my 19. Yeah the bore axis is higher, but that has never been an issue with me and any pistols I have shot.

I'm sure I will be picking up some different frames to play with anyway. I will add some texturing as soon as I work up a nice pattern for it...

Now off to the range tomorrow to break it in and see if this will make it into my duty weapon rotation. I started with Sigs in my holster 20 years ago. Might be nice to end my career with a Sig in my holster again. If anything out of the ordinary happens I'll report back.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 07-08-2015 at 05:38 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Very nice.

I wouldn't mind picking up a compact and running it on a SC frame occasionally.

The 320 Carry (compact upper and full size lower) is my favorite 320 configuration. I just put my second together, thanks to a trade with a PF member. Sent the 9 Compact to Robert Burke, and he installed a Carry lower, beveled the mag well per the Production rules, did a competition trigger, and installed Dawson 320 specific fiber optic sights. The trigger is awesome. I just did my first range session since it arrived. Other than I need a .190ish front sight as it is shooting low, it shoots great. Since the rear notch is .135 wide, I am considering going to a .110 wide, instead of the supplied .100 front sight, to help with long range.

I also got extra Carry lowers to mate with Compacts I have. I think that is the ideal size for "active" carry, as it makes for a P30 size pistol.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I can see how that combo could make for the best handling package in strings of fire.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List