Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My worst fear...

My worst fear...

For well over a year the only guns I've shot have been V1 P30's and V1 P2000SK's. I've literally spent thousands of dollars on both ammo and training classes trying to master the platform. Well, after reading GJM's post last week about how he shoots quicker drills with Glocks than his P30, I decided to give it a try just for the hell of it. So today I shot a Glock 19 for the first time in God knows how long, and low and behold I managed one of the fastest, cleanest FAST drills I've ever done right out of the gate (had it not been for the Glock mag release, I easily would've beaten my best time).

Obviously I don't want to switch platforms based on one good day at the range, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little bit of a mind fuck.

Damn you, Glock.

Site Supporter
    Welcome to the club.

My first time back with a Glock yielded 4 or 5 points better on a Dot Torture than my BEST P30 run.

Damn you...cursing all of us with your Bad Joo-Joo. I am going to purposely leave the G19 home from now on.

Me and my buddy Bratch have this conversation once every few months, I'll see a P30 come up for sale and call him and then we'll talk each other out of buying a new gun as we believe we have the best ones for us! M&P for him and Glock for me.

Not saying that I could not shoot others as well but if all you really care about is the ability to "run the gun" then mastering what has proven to be your best one is a good bet.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Switching platforms would suck. Just the thought of having to buy new holsters, sights, and mags is enough to make my stomach turn.
    Last edited by F-Trooper05; 06-08-2011 at 11:15 PM.

I do have the same concerns, although I've not spent enough time with P30. It is funny how I've held up buying one for a long time, and once I got it, the issues I had with Glock are beginning to resolve. I may have figured my problems with long-range accuracy with Glock, and the Gadget appears to be on its way to being available.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    Switching platforms would suck. Just the thought of having to buy new holsters, sights, and mags is enough to make my stomach turn.
    BUT the bright side is the ready availability and cheaper prices on all those things for a GLOCK vs buying for an H&K.

Mags alone are nuts. $60 for two P30 mags IF you get a deal on shipping vs the same $60 for three GLOCK mags.

Every holster and sight makers services GLOCK, not the same for H&K.

The used market for GLOCK accessories is endless. I troll the boards all the time and pick up random crap I don't need.

I've tried switching away from GLOCK for more glam toys over the past couple of years but ALWAYS come back. Why fight it? I'm all in.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Mags alone are nuts. $60 for two P30 mags IF you get a deal on shipping vs the same $60 for three GLOCK mags.
    P30 mags can be had at good rates, you just have to keep looking. For instance, a good deal will pop up in the FS section today .... (7) P30 mags
    Last edited by JV_; 06-09-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Damn you...cursing all of us with your Bad Joo-Joo. I am going to purposely leave the G19 home from now on.
    I'll buy it from you, that way you aren't tempted to shoot it.

I'll give you ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (Dr. Evil voice)!!!!!

All of this talk stemming from one experience and you are willing to sell the farm? You can't always chase the next "best thing" or you'll always be chasing it. Take a deep breath.

@VolGrad:

If you are paying $60 for an HK P30 magazine, then you are being gang raped. P30 mags can be had for as little as $31.00 in my area. The only mags reaching the price point you mention are HK45 and P7 magazines.

User Tag List