Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tommys Gun Packs - Almost Free

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    As a side note, I would discourage people from ever purchasing a product from Tommy's at full price. If you get on their list, they will email you a new coupon/deal every single day. Just wait enough days/weeks and the item you want will show up in a promo deal.
    Thanks for that info, we've used Tommy packs for a while (I rarely use mine anymore). They work well, and when I blew the zipper out on my old one, I took it to the fun show and asked the dealer if it could be repaired. He handed me a new one and said "Their policy is 100% replacement, I send them the old one they'll send me a new one to sell."
    Many feel that anyone carrying in a fanny pack will immediately be "made", but I have to wonder how true that is, considering how poor most people's situational awareness is.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Thanks for that info, we've used Tommy packs for a while (I rarely use mine anymore). They work well, and when I blew the zipper out on my old one, I took it to the fun show and asked the dealer if it could be repaired. He handed me a new one and said "Their policy is 100% replacement, I send them the old one they'll send me a new one to sell."
    Many feel that anyone carrying in a fanny pack will immediately be "made", but I have to wonder how true that is, considering how poor most people's situational awareness is.

Its a fanny pack...

Thanks for posting this. Coupon was still working yesterday, and I got some.

If not used to carry, fanny packs like this make good soft cases. Also useful to carry some med supplies. Many elastic med loops will hold a CAT or other TQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    It's one variable in the total presentation. Fanny packs are more likely to stick out to security and cops than the general public. Handy to avoid that scrutiny, sometimes.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I live just off the Appalachian Trail; fanny packs around here are about as common as cargo shorts. I think avoiding tactical black is a good idea. I sewed an Apple logo on to my blue one; all the granola crunchers figure I must be one of them.

Thanks for the heads up. Snagged one to play with.
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters."

Frank Lloyd Wright

Site Supporter
    I received a shipping notice today.

Much better than 30 days.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I received a shipping notice today.

Much better than 30 days.
    Just got my notice this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Never gave fanny packs a second thought until now.
    Access to 4 Hi cap magazines would be nice. Maybe I could use it when I walk the trails
    Tom Jones

Sorry if a hurt someone feelings? My bad.

I like how "overbuilt" those look. Unfortunately, my attire does not blend well with fanny packs. Not being hipster enough yet too young to flip the bird at the fashion police puts me in a fanny pack trespassing zone. Well, I guess my pocket med kit COULD serve as a fanny pack if the situation arose.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

nytei and I have talked about the role of fanny packs at length. We are just not in style guys I guess.

A fanny pack makes a great add-on to a guy's load out if one is going to be in a car driving a lot and wants the ease of draw that one of the "anti car-jacking" holsters provides without buying one of those very specialized holsters.

I use a pack almost daily, because I very commonly wear one to the gym to go work out, and fanny packs fit in with gym clothing.

One of the guys at work made a comment about my pack awhile back to try and bust my balls. I pointed out that right then and there I had the means to prevail in a gunfight, to search a room in the dark, and to arrest a bad guy if needed, all he could do while being fashionable was to run away screaming like a little girl.

User Tag List