Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caleb reviews the Sig P250

Caleb reviews the Sig P250

Yesterday I bought one of these with my own cash money. Infer from that what you will.

Attachment 78

I do have an actual serious review of the Sig P250 at Gun Nuts. My thoughts on the Sig are complicated to say the least - there is some stuff about the gun that I really like that I think Sig did an excellent job on, but there is other stuff like the sights and how the trigger works that just makes me go "huh"?

I guess the bottom line is that if Sig really wanted into the polymer game, they should have just made a polymer framed P226 and P229.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I guess the bottom line is that if Sig really wanted into the polymer game, they should have just made a polymer framed P226 and P229.
    I've always heard great things about the Sig Pro line, though I don't have any direct experience with them.

Hasn't FAMS already dumped the P250?

All I have on that is hearsay, so I won't comment because it would just contribute to unsourced rumors.

Last I heard, the FAMs were happily back to the P229s. Don't blame them, either.

BTW, this is sourced info from a guy Todd and I know.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by commandar View Post
    Hasn't FAMS already dumped the P250?
    Yes. I know several guys in my local office that are very happy they aren't forced to carry the 250s.

From a text message conversation about the rear sight and trigger on the P250:

Other guy: "This is what happens when you let people who aren't shooters design guns."
    Me: "Well, that and everything about the XD."

My LGS has P250 9's/.40's for $299. I'm thinking about picking up one just for the hell of it as a truck/opossum shooting gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 10mm4me View Post
    My LGS has P250 9's/.40's for $299. I'm thinking about picking up one just for the hell of it as a truck/opossum shooting gun.
    You can buy a Makarov for less and get a more reliable gun for shooting rodents.

I do have to say that I didn't really have any issues with the reliability on the P250. 2 malfs in 5100+ rounds, both of which were in the very early stages of shooting the gun. The issues I had were primarily the sights and the trigger, and were based around my desire to build the gun up for IDPA/USPSA competition. There's nothing in the $300 price range other than police-trade in Glocks that I'd recommend over the P250.

We are diminished
    The FAM Service took all of its P250s out of service months ago.

User Tag List