Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta Elite II

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    G

I believe a Vertec slide on a M9A1 frame would be production legal since both are on approved list. My understanding is that parts that were factory standard on another approved gun can be mixed and matched so long as the shooter can prove all the factory parts are standard on approved guns.
    Id like to believe that too but im not sure about that...

I was under the impression you couldnt make frankenguns out of production list parts.

An EII frame with a vertec slide is my grail gun...

It makes no sense since you can take PARTS and put them onto an existing model but you cant take parts to MAKE a new model...at least that is the way ive read the rules...

Get the Wilson , I ordered one the other day.can' t wait to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by cdunn View Post
    Go back a few pages and read what some posters said about the slide weights. Their observations jive with mine.

I have an Elite 1 already which is basically the same thing as the Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Id like to believe that too but im not sure about that...

I was under the impression you couldnt make frankenguns out of production list parts.

An EII frame with a vertec slide is my grail gun...

It makes no sense since you can take PARTS and put them onto an existing model but you cant take parts to MAKE a new model...at least that is the way ive read the rules...
    Appendix D4 21.3

SLIDES: Current rules remain in effect – You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by cdunn View Post
    Go back a few pages and read what some posters said about the slide weights. Their observations jive with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Appendix D4 21.3

SLIDES: Current rules remain in effect – You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.
    The Vertec slide is not the same "contour" as the M9 slide due to the area around the front sight, so putting a vertec slide on an M9A1 frame seems...off....

The Vertec slide is not the same "contour" as the M9 slide due to the area around the front sight, so putting a vertec slide on an M9A1 frame seems...off....
    When 21.3 is read in conjunction with 21.2B, that the slide may be milled for sights, I can't imagine it being a problem. Especially so, considering it is an OEM slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That was my thinking too. The lighter slide weight would help in cycling faster with less mass. Don't get me wrong, I'm a new shooter who is pretty terrible (Marksman class) so it really won't make a difference for me right now, but I might as well get the thing I want from the get go instead of trading to it later. I hope BUSA/WC makes this same exact gun but with the lighter Vertec slide.

Quote Originally Posted by opmike View Post
    Don't ALL modern 92s have the relief cut at the rear?
    My recent purchase [note I don't know the production date, but seems recent] 92 FS frame doesn't have an additional relief of my Elite or WC frames.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    My recent purchase [note I don't know the production date, but seems recent] 92 FS frame doesn't have an additional relief of my Elite or WC frames.
    The M9 frame has no relief cut, but a lot of 92 frames do. It seems to be a crapshoot whether or not you get one. That said, I have come to prefer the relief cut, and all but one of my Berettas (a 1989-vintage 92F) have it.

User Tag List